United Bank’s growing IT Department in Hartford, CT is seeking a DigitalBanking Analyst. The DigitalBanking Analyst will provide technical analysis with a concentration on Online Banking (OLB) systems and processes. As the primary technical point of contact for OLB, the individual interfaces with United Bank stakeholders (Technology, RetailBanking, Risk, Marketing, Operations, etc.) as well as the technology Vendor(s) as appropriate. Working with these teams, the individual ensures an effective customer experience and seamless integration with United Bank digitalchannels. Ensures adherence to the United Bank UDM (internal SDLC) and Change Management protocols as well as security and compliance policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the POSITION:
- Understands web front-end technology as it relates to digitalbanking. Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for OLB, from both technical and customer usability perspective.
- Works closely with appropriate business areas to ensure the selected technologies are effectively integrated into day-to-day business processes, providing an effective customer experience and seamless integration with other United Bank websites.
- Primary technical point of contact for OLB technology. Works with United Bank stakeholders to achieve an effective customer experience by leveraging the OLB system capabilities.
- Develops related functional specifications related to the web-front end for the implementation of new products/services or significant changes to existing products/services in the system.
- Coordinates web-front end and customer experiencetechnology changes with United Bank stakeholders, ensuring their participation where appropriate.
- Works with Vendor to determine and implement appropriate web front-end changes required to support the implementation of new products or significant changes to existing products and services in the system.
- Manages and performs systems testing of United Bank requested changes implemented by the Vendor as well as regular Vendor upgrades to the system. Works with Vendor to coordinate end-to-end integration testing with other United Bank systems.
- Facilitates user acceptance testing (UAT) of web front-end changes and working prototypes; works with business and PMO to develop and maintain testing/use cases; coordinates the execution of UAT and review of UAT results.
- Plans and coordinates the implementation of Vendor web-front end application changes with other United Bank applications and change management teams.
- Ensures technology compliance with all FFIEC and GLBA guidelines.
- Manages Vendor and coordinates with Application Development groups to ensure overall adherence to United Bank systems development life cycle (SDLC), testing and change management protocols when Vendor changes are made to the system.
- Proactively reviews Vendor release documents, as well as documentation of Vendor-identified system issues to understand impacts to business. Ensures compatibility and interoperability of web front-end enhancements with other United Bank websites and systems; facilitates release upgrades.
- Analyzes and communicates production support issues to Vendor. Reviews Vendor proposed resolutions to ensure applicability. Monitors subsequent issues resolution to ensure timely response and coordination with United Bank change control processes.
- Documents, tracks and monitors Vendor resolution of OAO issues. Monitors Vendor development queues to ensure timely delivery of United Bank requested configuration changes and enhancements.
- Monitors and ensures Vendor compliance with web-front end technology related service levels.
- Performs regular review and analysis of key online metrics and reports; makes appropriate recommendations to product and technical teams
OTHER FUNCTIONS OF THE POSTION:
All employees are subject to the requirements of the United Bank BSA Program. An employee’s role with United Bank determines which parts of the program apply. However, all employees are responsible for reporting suspicious activity identified in the course of their work, and all employees are responsible for the timely completion of mandatory compliance training assigned, such as BSA and OFAC.
The above duties may not be all-inclusive. The incumbent may be asked or required to perform other work as time and abilities allow.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS of the POSITION:
Judgment: Work is performed under the general supervision of the SVP Director BankingTechnology Officer and in accordance with the operational requirements of the Bank and with related compliance issues, requiring considerable judgment, initiative and technical skill in directing and participating in technological functions of the Bank and in assessing the effectiveness of a variety of applications. Additionally, judgement is required in overseeing and participating in assigned duties and in providing assistance to subordinates in managing various application development functions.
Complexity: Work involves a variety of application systems, network and information technologyresponsibilities, including determining, developing, monitoring, and evaluating systems and procedures to meet the Bank’s requirements and to ensure support to other departments and service to customers. This work requires that the incumbent interpret and adhere to Information Security Policies, Bank policies, FFIEC and GLBA, and be alert to regulatory and compliance issues and their application in IT functions.
Impact of Errors: Errors of judgment and technical knowledge and expertise may be difficult to detect and may result in significant expense and damage to the Bank due to inadequate supervision, failure to apply appropriate compliance measures, all of which could have an adverse effect on the Bank’s business applications, reputation, internal and external support.
Interpersonal Relationships: Work involves frequent contacts with all levels of business unit personnel, potential and existing vendors, staff and senior management within the Bank, as well as regulators and auditors requiring initiative, diplomacy, discretion and persuasiveness in a professional environment. Excellent listening and communication skills.
QUALIFICATIONS for the POSITION:
Education: B.A. in Computer Science or General Business
Experience: Five or more years of experience in direct or online banking, preferably with a retailbanking background.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Experience in both systems analysis and project coordination/management with web front-end technology (Desktop, mobile/tablet)
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships and partnerships outside of own work unit
- Strong people management capability
- Knowledge of technology trends in the banking industry as it relates to Internet Banking customer experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to target messages to suit different audience needs
Physical Requirements: Mobility to travel to branch locations or otherlocations as needed. Ability to stand or sit for extended periods. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge of Jack Henry & Associates
- Web-front end systems analysis and technical experience in Internet Banking environment
- Information Architecture and design
- Web analytics and supporting toolsets (Google analytics, etc.)
- Project coordination experience involving external vendors and multiple internal business areas
- Experience working in a hybrid outsourced/internal organization
- Experience with and/or knowledge of deposit operations and Internet Banking functions
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Requisition Number 17-0448