- Experience Level (Years) 10 -12
- The Digital Automation Specialist will support the analysis, design, testing, deployment, and integration of the OPC UA Architecture in the Shell IT environment.
- The individual will provide expert knowledge of the technology, architecture, setup, installation, IT operation, and system integration of the suite.
- The Specialist will perform analysis and design of the system to deploy to a site, testing of system components to confirm certification, and technical consultancy for the deployment.
- Accountability for system analysis and design for asset deployments
- Accountability for system installation at site and integration with external systems.
- Troubleshooting of system issues (hardware and software)
- Providing technical consultancy for the deployment project.
- Working closely with workflow consultants, site engineers, and the engineering projects teams.
- Participating in new product and new release quality assurance and testing activities
- Maintaining documentation related to installation and support.
- Facilitate the provision of specialist support during failure analysis and problem solving.
- Resolve specific system problems and identify / propose improvements
- Contribute to the technical architecture of software
Experience and qualifications required:
- Bachelordegree in Computer Science or discipline engineering is required.
- 5+ years of experience in automation and OPC and OPC UA.
- 5+ years?experience in the oil and gas industry
- Experience with integration of application with the OSISoft PI Historian
- Experience with integration of software in Distributed Control Systems such as Honeywell Experion, Yokogawa Centum, Emerson Delta V, Siemens PCS 7, ABB or Foxboro.
Key competencies required:
- Skilled in OPC Standard, Technologies, and associated products
- Programming with OPC is desirable with (C++, C#, ,..)
- Knowledgeable in OPC UA Standard and Technologies
- Business Requirements Analysis and Design
- Software Integration
- Software Deployment / Installation
- System Testing
- Windows permissions configuration and Windows Certificate installation
- OSI PI Historian communication integration
- Networking, Infrastructure, and Security
- Industry communications (Profibus, Fieldbus, HART,..)
- Application Testing to design and automate test scripts and conduct FAT/SAT
- Knowledge of wider IIOT initiatives is desirable
- Challenges of the Job:
- Delivering systems in a complex environment in a timely manner, while ensuring a smooth transition from legacy system in a business-critical environment.
- Identifying improvement to increase the effectiveness of the systems while ensuring they remain consistent and standard across sites.
- Interacting with customers to understand the environment and associated risks and opportunities.