The Digital/Web Art Director assists the Creative Director in building the brand image online. The individual must be able to concept and design homepages, emails, marketing banners and collateral web material. He or she will also be responsible for creating a strong mobile platform for the brand.
The visuals produced need to reinforce and enhance the merchandising objectives and be consistent with the FullBeauty Brands strategies. The Web Art Director must follow all creative schedules in order to ensure that deadlines are met and vigorously adhere to established guidelines and legal requests and requirements.
The Web Art Director is in charge of the day-to-day management of the website and oversees all direct to customer web marketing campaigns. In addition, he or she is expected to take a lead role in the planning, design and implementation of the long term changes, improvements and functionality of the website.
- Maintaining site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards
- Skillfully generate dynamic creative presentations based on experience and knowledge of all customer segments for a multi-channel brand.
- Understand the crucial role that design and art/photo direction play in driving sales, as well as the development and growth of the brand personality.
- Work on all stages of digital/web creative, from concept development through release.
- Design all web initiatives, including site updates, emails, banner ads etc. with ability to interpret and transform brand positioning and print visuals to an online platform.
- Work closely with Creative Director and Copywriters to ensure the visuals support and enhance the copy and merchandising strategy for a cohesive message that will drive sales.
- Collaborate with Creative Director, Marketing Director and Brand Mangers to ensure proper follow-through of creative concept and technical accuracy and met.
- Participate with merchandising and product team to continue and/enhance process development for the creative presentation of the brand.
- Improve design functionality and site navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through upgraded content and graphics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in design
- 7+ years in digital/web design experience required
- Proficient in Desktop Publishing file formats and software on MAC, including InDesign and Photoshop
- Self-starter with a strong sense of initiative: a “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills for effective interaction with all levels of company management.
- Knowledge and/or familiarity with web navigation and site dynamics