Job Summary and Mission
Looking for a digital solution architect that can define and lead strategic platform modernization and transformation initiatives that target modern architectures and technology compute platforms which deliver microservices, massive scalability, distributed computing, resiliency, responsiveness, containerization, automation, cloud deployment, stream processing, high performance transaction processing, global deployment, and asynchronous computing. As an architect, you will be accountable for the conversion of business needs into architectures and designs that will become the blueprint for current and future solution delivery. Additionally, as a member of the architecture community you will guide the development of strategies, design patterns, and best practices for Starbucks global IT operations.
Summary of KeyResponsibilities
- Work with fellow technologist to define modernization and transformation strategies to deliver state of the art high-performance execution platforms.
- Assesses the value of emerging technologies by conducting opportunity assessments and implementing proof-of- concepts.
- Collaborates on the development of the Global Technology strategic plans.
- Develops strategies, road maps and domain architectures for Global Technology.
- Leads all phases of enterprise architecture development in support of business objectives: defining scope, modeling systems, analyzing requirements and planning implementations.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partners, business and customer results
- Provides functional expertise on projects; coordinating and facilitating requirements gathering.
- Researches and represents information technology within an applied business context.
- Collaborate with other architects and technical leaders across the organization to develop best practices.
- Provide detailed guidance and direction for design and implementation of development frameworks and design patterns for consumption across multiple development teams
- Modernarchitectureexperience such as SMACK, MEAN, reactive is highly desirable.
- Distributed, Microservice, SOA, and Reactive Architectureexperience is highly desirable.
- Domain Driven Design (DDD) and agile development experience is highly desirable.
- Cloud IaaS and PaaS experience is highly desirable.
- Platform management, automation, and containerization technologyexperience is a plus.
- Big, Fast, and Stream data technology solution experience is a plus.
- Security patterns and technology solution experience is a plus.
- Martech solution architectureexperience (DMP, CMS, DAM, omni-channel, personalization, identity management, gamification, paid advertisement) is a plus.
- Customer Relationship Management, eCommerce, social gifting, and payment solution architectureexperience is a plus.
- Experience with modern collaboration tools such as Confluence, Jira, and Trello is a plus.
- Web and mobiledigitaltechnologyexperience (5 years).
- Overall information technologyexperience (7 years).
- Systems or application development experience (5 years).
- Designing and implementing new technology proof-of-concepts (5 years).
- Architectureexperience (5 years).
- Functional and systems modeling (5 years).
- Working in a variety of technical environments (7 years)
- Development of enterprise and departmental strategic plans (3 years).
- Integration technology and architectureexperience such as EAI, and SoA (5 years).
- Customer facing architecture and application delivery experience (5 years).
- Business process design and analysis (2 years).
- Information Technologyinfrastructureexperience (2 years).
- TOGAF certification is a plus.
- Basic Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to define and execute modernization/transformation strategies that target modern compute capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully evaluate and recommend globally and regionally business critical solutions based on specific business and technical criteria.
- Ability to evaluate and present advanced solutions and how to apply them to global and regional business needs in a manageable, cost effective, and timely manner.
- Ability to interface and influence people at multiple levels within the organization.
- Capable of leading and collaborating with fellow technologist and project teams to deliver new architectures and technology solutions.
- Capable of translating and presenting technical concepts into practical business terms for leaders both small and large group settings.
- Strong knowledge of all facets of systems development and operations scenarios.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines with attention to detail.
- High level of flexibility and ability to persevere through periods of significant change and challenge in the business environment.
- Ability to set and communicate clear direction and performance standards and motivate teams to achieve technology objectives that are in support of business goals.
- Ability to create unprecedented architecture solutions that require a high level of critical thinking, creativity and innovation.