The Marketing Insights Business Analyst will be responsible for TE Connectivity’s business strategy and analysis of Sales and Marketing Automation (SMA) data, and also work closely with the Manager of Customer Insights to execute TE’s digital optimization roadmap. This role will need to work cross functionally with various business units across TE and translate their business questions into a product roadmap for SMA reporting and digital optimization. This position will also be responsible for conducting regularly scheduled and ad hoc analyses that dive deep into the data to uncover the hidden insights and recommendations that will help TE go beyond explaining what happened, but rather inform us what we should do next.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience analyzing CRM and marketing automation data from a B2B perspective. He/She will also have intermediate experience with web analytics and optimization applications. This position requires a critical thinker who is a team player, exceptionally curious, impeccable attention to detail and has the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Sales & Marketing Automation
- Analyze marketing’s effectiveness at driving leads, customers, and revenue at both a business unit and corporate level
- Utilize various tools (Tableau, Alteryx, Excel, Access, SQL) to join disparate data sources together to create a more robust story for the business
- Identify gaps with data and/or tool functionality and deliver recommendations for how the business can fill those gaps
- Contribute to the development of the business strategy for Sales and Marketing Automation (SMA) and CRM at TE.
- Work cross functionally to define and help prioritize new initiative/enhancements to be implemented to deliver against TE’s overall SMA strategy and Marketing objectives.
- Gather business requirements from all stakeholders and create formal business and functional requirements documents for development teams.
- Maintain all documentation on existing and new SMA processes, including definition of KPIs.
- Oversee SMA integrations across platforms and vendors to ensure proper data connection and data flow.
- Ensure from a business standpoint that the integrations are working as designed.
- Review data connection and data quality to ensure accuracy.
- Identify integration errors and move them to resolution.
- Develop training curriculum for TE’s SMA processes and platforms and conduct regular training for businesses to drive self-sufficiency.
- Create and distribute weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance reports.
- Conduct ad hoc data analyses and performance reports as needed.
A/B Testing / Web Analytics
- Work closely with User Experience team and other business partners to develop an optimization roadmap, design and execute A/B and/or Multivariate tests, and report out impact analyses on optimization efforts
- Own day-to-day website optimization functions that include creating/launching/concluding test campaigns, monitoring test results and providing updates on performance to the business, conducting final analyses of tests, complete with recommendations on pushing the winner to production and/or conducting follow-up or new tests based on findings.
- Interface with internal business partners to identify relevant business questions/opportunities, determine analytical approach and synthesize analyses into clear actionable insights
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics, or other related field.
- 3 – 5 years of experience analyzing sales and marketing data.
- 2+ years of experience working with Adobe Analytics and Adobe Target (or other web analytics and testing platforms).
- Strong analytical skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Knowledge of various data mining techniques to generate business insights.
- Advanced Excel and Access skills; experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools, SQL experience plus.
- Strong ability to identify business issues, formulate plans to resolve these issues and effectively communicate the results to all levels of the organization.
- Salesforce Administrator or Developerexperience a plus.
- Eloqua Administrator or Developerexperience a plus.
- Excellent written / oral communication with ability to influence all levels of the organization.
- Ability to collaborate in a global team environment.