As a driven Database Architect - Design strategies for enterprise database systems and set standards for operations, programming, and security. Design and construct large relational databases. Integrate new systems with existing warehouse structure and refine system performance and functionality. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
- Be part of the Transition-in Team to transition operations from incumbent to NCI and then fulfill duties as the Database Architect on the program.
- Lead development of material management database, migrating from an Oracle instance into a modern cloud DB solutions.
- Provide database server administration support and incident management and service request responses
- Meet both technical and consumer needs.
- Manage and implement database technology transition, including the sunset of older database technologies.
- Execute disaster recovery and continuity of operations support.
- Be available for off-hours support as needed.
- Work across development and operational environments.
- Stay abreast of database technologies and best practices.
- Skillful of multitasking and managing multiple simultaneous high priorities a must.
- Other duties as assigned
- Required Clearance is US Public Trust.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline.
- 4-9 years of database development in Defense or secured Government Installations.
- Familiar with leading data migrations from Oracle Databases.
- Working experience architecting, designing, and implementing databases as well as implementing and executing ETL tools.
- Experience transforming large, government programs to the cloud.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Google Cloud Professional Collaboration Engineer Experience or Certification
- Recent experience with leading successful improvement projects in an agile environment for organizations similar in size to GSA.
- Minimum of three years of experience analyzing customer requirements and providing assistance with requirements development similar in size, scope, and complexity.
- Recent experience delivering emergent technologies to complex business solutions for stakeholders from multiple disciplines.
- Experience with Oracle DBA, MS SQL MSCA, or MSCE, Enterprise DB (EDB) preferred.
- Knowledge in Database development and administration in cloud solutions preferred.
- Experience with NAVSEA financial systems, such as CSAS, or MSE PROD is preferred.
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
- Sitting for long periods
- Standing for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
- Ambulate between several buildings