Diesel Control SW Engineer
Job Title: Diesel Control Software Engineer
Location: Detroit MI
Experience: 6+ Years
Relevant Experience (in Yrs): 4+Years
· Knowledge of Bosch or Continental Diesel Engine SW.
· Experience with CAN tools (CANalyzer, CANoe, Candela)
· Experience with Calibration tools (INCA, ATI Vision or CANope)
· Knowledge of CAN and Diagnostic Protocols
· Vehicle/HIL based ECU Software testing/debugging experience
· Exposure to Matlab (Simulink)
Hiring Option: The position is open for BA’s with Contract to Hire Clause.
Primary Skills Preferred:
Knowledge of Bosch or Continental Diesel Engine SW.
· Experience with CAN tools (CANalyzer, CANoe and other Vector hardware Ex: CANcase or VN1610)
· Experience with Calibration tools (INCA, ATI Vision or CANope).
· Strong/Expert knowledge in Vector Candela implementation and associated processes.
· Experience using Powertrain Service and Engineering Diagnostic tools.
· Proficiency in modeling (Matlab), simulation, and testing techniques.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Define, Implement, Test and Troubleshoot - Control, Diagnostics, Service and Regulatory software(SW) requirements for Diesel Engine control software.
· Lead Software issue resolution - Root cause analysis using Vehicle/HIL testing, prototype SW development using ATI No-Hooks, Simulink block sets, verify software solution and plan production implementation.
· Support Calibration team on software documentation, calibration methodology, issue investigation, supplier coordination and joint software validation.
· Single point contact (SPC) for all CAN related software development. Responsibilities include defining, testing and trouble-shooting CAN signal, and CAN diagnostics software requirements.
Lead weekly meetings with Service and EOL teams.
Support Field Warranty data analysis.
Lead implementation of Candela on all global applications Manage CAN Network Identifiers for all NA Diesel programs.
· Ability to present technical issues for management review, in a clear and concise manner.
Generic Managerial Skills
· Proactive attitude.
· Can do attitude and Willingness to work with a diverse global team, Customer focused.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
Bachelor’s or Master’s in Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science