DIE CAST PROCESS ENGINEER
A leader in high-pressure die casting and machining of automotive parts, is seeking to hire a Process Engineer.
- Performs design and layout of new manufacturing operations in the die cast operations and oversees and leads in their implementation.
- Analyzes and modifies current manufacturing die cast operations including production equipment relocations.
- Determines the optimal sequence of die cast operations.
- Programs production equipment including robotic extractors, de-burring robots, etc.
- Conducts time and motion studies to determine the optimal time requirements for each station in a production operation including conducting cycle time studies for OEE improvements.
- Analyzes high rejection rates of assigned products and implements appropriate countermeasures.
- Modifies existing tooling for design improvements in production processes.
- Prepares customer claim reports (5S report).
- Prepares operational standards for assigned manufacturing operations.
- Applies Deming principles and other root cause analysis tools when analyzing production processes and uses those tools to make appropriate improvements.
- Participates in the development and implementation of improvement plans that target reductions in manufacturing operational time while avoiding adverse impact to production operators.
- Associates Degreepreferred
- 3-5 years direct experience in die casting process engineering
- Automotive industry experience
- Training and experience in lean manufacturing.