This Product Manager position will be an integral member of our marketing team. He/she will be responsible as the product expert and have day-to-day oversight of our cytology diagnostic product line. The successful candidate will be experienced with knowledge of customer workflows, upstream market research, product roadmaps, as well as, the effective implementation of downstream communication strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Assist in development and implementation of strategic and tactical plans. Coordinate efforts of internal cross-functional teams to ensure timely execution of tactics and programs within specified budgets
- Act as the internal product leader- representing voice of customer and interests of the business when dealing with key internal stakeholders such as operations, quality, regulatory, finance and sales.
- Develop effective sales training tools and become recognized as a resource for the field sales team in product benefits and competitive positioning.
- Assist with qualitative and quantitative market research to develop new insights into the market and recommend appropriate changes in positioning and key messages as necessary.
- Develop and monitor key product performance metrics
- Research new market opportunities and develop business cases and justification for new products or product modifications.
- Manage and drive all go-to-market activities around new product introductions
- Monitor and communicate competitive activity and market trends as well as formulating strategic responses
- Oversee product lifecycle process, drive product level changes and communicate those changes to internal teams and customers
- Act as primary contact for interactions with field based reps about product related inquiries. Act as liaison between sales and production for demand planning and forecasting
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understanding of clinical diagnostic marketplace and customers, knowledge of lean concepts and applications highly desired
- Prior experience in laboratory instrumentation marketing or product management
- Strong project management skills.
- Able to articulate a plan and manage tasks to achieve stated goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills from both a marketing and financial standpoint.
- Entrepreneurial work ethic. Self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Strong team-orientation with demonstrated ability to both lead and follow cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences or equivalent field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA strongly preferred.
- 5+ years product management and/or marketing experience in medical device, diagnostics, or laboratory environment required.
- Willingness and ability to travel (by land and/or air) up to approximately 20% of the time, including some international travel, is needed.