PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF Trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The Diagnostic Software Engineer works within the PACCAR Embedded Engineering organization. We develop innovative manufacturing and service tool solutions to aid manufacturing plants and service technicians with accurate issue identification and resolution on truck electronic systems. PACCAR Embedded Engineering is a rapidly expanding organization that is transforming the way software is created for commercial vehicle applications. You will collaborate with an international, cross-functional team from manufacturing, service, product development, information technology, suppliers, and product validation. Individual creativity in addressing diagnostic challenges and opportunities is encouraged while working within a supportive team to develop superior solutions for the heavy duty truck industry.
Here's what you will do in this role:
- Develop guided diagnostic procedures within off-board diagnostics tool for heavy-duty commercial vehicle electronics.
- Design, document and implement vehicle diagnostics algorithms, software, and interfaces.
- The tool supports fleet, dealership, and factory personnel in diagnostics, parameter setting, and programming.
- Software development in a visual logic development environment using Agile methodology.
- Support product launch at manufacturing facilities.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of procedures and practices for high quality and reliable diagnostic systems.
- Work with manufacturing, service, product development, information technology, suppliers, and product validation to ensure a seamless rollout of user-relevant, timesaving, effective tools.
- Collaborate with internationally distributed teams to address global requirements and local content.
Qualifications & Skills:
- BSEE, BSCS or equivalent degree required.
- Experience in automotive electronic systems, preferably including extensive on- and off-board diagnostics development.
- Experience in diagnostics development.
- Experience with automotive or commercial vehicle networks, such as CAN, SAE J1939 and LIN preferred.
- Commercial vehicle background preferred.
- Experience with software development will be highly valued.
- Candidates must be able to perform in a fast-paced, results-oriented team environment.
- Excellent written and strong verbal communication skills required.
- Experience creating technical documentation, including preparing simplified drawings and diagrams for production and service is highly valued.
- Willingness to grow personally and professionally.
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally up to 5%
Why work for PACCAR?
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and development opportunities.
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their fields.
- Support and/or design the commercial vehicles of the future with a focus on emerging technologies such as electric and autonomous trucks.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for you and your family.
- Paid Time Off – vacation, paid holidays and sick leave.
- 401k company match, AND a company paid pension plan after 5 years.
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education – eligible after 1 year of service.
A Bachelor's Degree is required.