Do you excel in a team environment? Do you have a track record of success, selling Capital Equipment or Consumables into the Hospital or Diagnostic Lab Space? If so, the Diagnostic Account Executive Sales opportunity may be right for you!
The Diagnostic Account Executive sells capital equipment into the Acute Hospital market and is responsiblefor relationship building and total account management. Candidates who have experience selling or working with Blood Culture Analyzers, Antimicrobial ID Susceptibility or Molecular Diagnostic Test Equipment are highly encouraged to apply.
The Diagnostic Account Executive is responsible for selling and total account management activities for all products within the Diagnostic Systems Product Portfolio in hospitals and reference labs within the assigned territory.
- Develops and implements a territory and strategic account sales plan involving multiple stakeholders and buyers in the growth of the assigned products. Leads the development of an account plan specific to each hospital’s economic business drivers.
- Effectively deploys clinically relevant product features/benefits and economic justification using existing selling tools as well as creating new tools specific to each customer situation to define the value of our product offerings. Coordinates all decision makers to arrive at a contractual purchase agreement for these products.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing the base revenue stream and ensuring customer satisfaction through consistent and ongoing customer contact.
- Works effectively with BD customer facing associates (Product Specialists, Manual Microbiology Specialists, Lab Automation Specialists, National Accounts, Strategic Account Managers, Service Engineers, and Applications Specialists) as well as BD’s distribution partners to support the customer in growth and long-term retention activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attain or exceed the overall sales plan and provide customer support for the Diagnostic Systems product portfolio (Manual Microbiology, Blood Culture, ID/AST, Molecular Testing, Cytology, and Respiratory Testing).
- Recognized as the product expert for driving the growth of our BACTEC , MGIT and Phoenix products.
- Manage the sales process consisting of the clinical laboratory (micro, molecular, virology), infectious disease clinicians, nursing/phlebotomy and hospital administration (Laboratory Committee, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, IT, Senior Levels of Hospital Administration) in the assigned territory.
- Develop, document, and drive the customer buying process through full utilization of a territory and strategic account sales plan involving multiple stakeholders and buyers in the growth of the assigned products.
- Call on prospective customers, create demand, communicate medical, clinical and patient outcome benefits, deliver product information and demonstrations, prepare proposals and quotes within company guidelines.
- Effectively demonstrate the soft and hard costs associated with the product portfolio by persuading multiple decision makers and influencers to orchestrate a successful product conversion within the institution.
- Develop and close accounts within the assigned geographic territory using a coordinated team selling model (Product Specialists, Manual Microbiology Specialists, Lab Automation Specialists, National Accounts, Strategic Account Managers, Service Engineers, and Applications Specialists, Distribution Partners, Applications Specialist, Field Service, and Marketing).
- Communicate and coordinate customer needs (inventory, supply chain updates, contract changes, competitive intelligence) to distributor to ensure account needs are met and or opportunities fully exploited.
- Prioritize and initiate direct sales calls with distributors to protect existing sales and identify additional revenue opportunities
- Forecast activity and closes as required by management.
- Provide continuous support including post sales activities. Effectively communicate with the Service organization to coordinate a successful installation transitioning to the long term customer satisfaction of the product.
- Manage administrative duties as assigned: monitoring expenses to budget, timely administrative and call reporting, funnel and competitive data entries, new contracts and renewals, use and maintenance of Company assets and adhering to OHSA and Universal Lab precautions.
- Live the BD Values, including but not limited to, the BD Code of Conduct and AdvaMed rules.
- BA / BS in Life Sciences, biological areas, business or related discipline. Degree in Medical Technology (MT ASCP) or Microbiology preferred.
- Minimum 3 years documented sales success (top 20%) in broad range laboratory products with 1-year clinical laboratory and/or multi-level selling experiencepreferred.
- A combination of clinical market sales, financial or technical selling experiencerequired.
- Capital equipment experiencepreferred.
- Previous Experience selling Diagnostic Equipment a plus
- Experience attaining or exceeding overall sales plan profitability, as well as, other assigned goals and objectives
Internal Associates: Please attach relevant saved career path(s) from the Career Navigator Tool
Job ID R-25441