Diagnostic Account Executive is responsible for selling and total account management activities for all products within the Diagnostic Systems Product Portfolio in hospitals and reference labs within the assigned Arkansas & North Mississippi territory.
- Develops and implements a territory and strategic account sales plan involving multiple stakeholders and buyers in the growth of the assigned products.
- Leads the development of an account plan specific to each hospital €™s economic business drivers.
- Effectively deploys clinically relevant product features / benefits and economic justification using existing selling tools as well as creating new tools specific to each customer situation to define the value of our product offerings.
- Coordinates all decision makers to arrive at a contractual purchase agreement for these products.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing the base revenue stream and insuring customer satisfaction through consistent and ongoing customer contact.
- Works effectively with BD customer facing associates (Product Specialists, Manual Microbiology Specialists, Lab Automation Specialists, National Accounts, Strategic Account Managers, Service Engineers, and Applications Specialists) as well as BD €™s distribution partners to support the customer in growth and long-term retention activities.
- Attains or exceeds the overall sales plan and provide customer support for the Diagnostic Systems product portfolio (Manual Microbiology, Blood Culture, ID/AST, Molecular Testing, Cytology, and Respiratory Testing).
- Recognizes as the product expert for driving the growth of our BACTEC , MGIT and Phoenix products.
- Manages the sales process consisting of the clinical laboratory (micro, molecular, virology), infectious disease clinicians, nursing / phlebotomy and hospital administration (Laboratory Committee, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, IT, Senior Levels of Hospital Administration) in the assigned territory.
- Develops, documents, and drives the customer buying process through full utilization of a territory and strategic account sales plan involving multiple stakeholders and buyers in the growth of the assigned products.
- Calls on prospective customers, create demand, communicate medical, clinical and patient outcome benefits, deliver product information and demonstrations, prepare proposals and quotes within company guidelines.
- Effectively demonstrates the soft and hard costs associated with the product portfolio by persuading multiple decision makers and influencers to orchestrate a successful product conversion within the institution.
- Develops and closes accounts within the assigned geographic territory using a coordinated team selling model (Product Specialists, Manual Microbiology Specialists, Lab Automation Specialists, National Accounts, Strategic Account Managers, Service Engineers, and Applications Specialists, Distribution Partners, Applications Specialist, Field Service, and Marketing).
- Communicates and coordinates customer needs (inventory / supply chain updates, contract changes, competitive intelligence) to distributor to ensure account needs are met and or opportunities fully exploited.
Prioritizes and initiates direct sales calls with distributors to protect existing sales and identify additional revenue opportunities.
Forecasts activity and closes as required by management.
- Provides continuous support including post sales activities. Effectively communicate with the Service organization to coordinate a successful installation transitioning to the long term customer satisfaction of the product.
Manages administrative duties as assigned: monitoring expenses to budget, timely administrative and call reporting, funnel and competitive data entries, new contracts and renewals, use and maintenance of Company assets and adhering to OHSA and Universal Lab precautions.
- BA / BS in Life Sciences, biological areas, business or related discipline.
- 3 years demonstrated sales success in broad range laboratory products with minimum 1 year clinical laboratory and / or multi-level selling experiencepreferred
- A combination of clinical market sales, financial or technical selling experiencerequired
- Experience attaining or exceeding overall sales plan profitability, as well as, other assigned goals and objectives
- Knowledge of selling process and the components to build and maintain customer loyalty
- Preparation, presentation and closing skills to include direct sales, use of distributionchannel and/or team selling approach
- Strong organizational skills - especially in areas of territory management, account assessment and relationship development
- Analytical with financialorientation applicable to contract proposals and profitability, budget, and expense management
- Demonstrates ability to develop markets for new technology and new medical practices
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal interaction required
- Computer savvy – working knowledge of MS Office applications, Blackberry and / or other connectivity devices.
- Degree in Medical Technology (MT ASCP) or Microbiologypreferred
- Capital equipment experiencepreferred.
Job ID R-323775