DIABETES BUSINESS DESCRIPTION:
The Diabetes Group at Medtronic is part of Medtronic plc, the global leader in medical technology. We are committed to ongoing breakthrough developments in leading-edge technology, unrivaled service and support, and uncompromising leadership. Medtronic is working with the global community to change the way people manage diabetes. Together, we will transform diabetes care by expanding access, integrating care and improving outcomes, so people with diabetes can enjoy greater freedom and better health.
Click here to learn more about products.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Conduct sales calls to promote, sell, and service Medtronic Diabetes products and services to existing and potential physicians and patients.
- Implement market development plans/strategies and quarterly sales plan to achieve sales goals and objectives.
- Educate physicians, nurses, educators, and other referral sources regarding the importance of intensive diabetes management and continuous glucose monitoring for patients with diabetes.
- Work directly with patients
- Responsible for pursuing leads, assessing needs and providing product and therapy technical support and service, including consultation at staff in-services and physician seminars.
- Fiscally manage territory by controlling expenses, product returns, and product inventory.
- Responsible for developing, building, and strengthening long-term relationships with stakeholders including distributors and healthcare professionals, and referral sources to establish a solid base of business.
- Assist in establishing the company as the leader in diabetes products in the community by participating in community organizations such as local chapters of ADA (American Diabetes Association), AADE (American Association of Diabetes Educators), JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) and patient support groups.
- Coordinate daily support activities and customer activities at meetings as assigned.
- Complete administrative reporting as assigned.
- Utilize approved sales collateral to support promotional and territorial needs.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and internal resources.
- Conducts market research including customers and competitor activities.
- Communicates customer feedback on new products and/or modifications to existing products or applications to internal stakeholders including R&D, Operations and Marketing.
MUST HAVE - MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE BE SURE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS ARE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three (3) years field sales experience; or, Minimum of three (3) years inside sales experience with Medtronic Diabetes; or Minimum of two (2) years Medtronic Diabetes field clinical experience in a sales environment (i.e. 2 years as a Medtronic CTM)
NICE TO HAVE:
- Prior medical device, business to business or pharmaceutical sales experience highly preferred.
- Previous sales award recipient due to strong sales performance (i.e. President’s Club, Rookie of the Year).
- Strong data analysis, evaluation and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Diabetes products and therapies
- Preference given to local candidates.
- Demonstrable success in previous employment indicated by high level of sales performance.
- Must demonstrate deep understanding of the customer to drive, challenge and push thinking.
- Demonstrated experience in making multiple referral calls on a daily basis.
- Proven job skills in business planning/consulting and territory financial analysis.
- Ability to execute sales strategies in a complex, multi-faceted environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation skills; team oriented; conceptual/consultative sales skills.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Ability to exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Must successfully complete sales training.