5 - 7 years
Posted 31 days ago
AstraZeneca's strategy in CVMDis a patient-centric approach to disease treatment, so we are tackling multiple risk factors by uniting our cardiovascular (CV), metabolic and chronic kidney disease (CKD) areas into one integrated approach – cardiovascular and metabolic disease (CVMD). This approach means we look at the CVMD patient as a whole, rather than by disease area, because we know that cardiovascular disease is a wellknown consequence of diabetes and CKD. Each of ours focus areas seek to further reduce morbidity, mortality and organ damage by addressing multiple risk factors across cardiovascular (CV) disease, diabetes and chronic kidney-disease indications. The patient-centric approach is reinforced by science-led life-cycle management programs and technologies, including early research into regenerative methods.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will develop and implement territory business plans centered on Endocrinologists and other Diabetes specialty customers. These plans will focus on performance and execution impacts that properly identify and prioritize activities to accomplish short and long-term business goals. You will apply knowledge of health care industry trends, applicable laws and regulations, market conditions, and the market access environment (including but not limited to pharmaco-economics and the payer/reimbursement landscape). You will analyze these factors in the development of territory business plans and in daily execution of sales calls within compliance guidelines.
You will demonstrate a deep, clear and thorough understanding of the Diabetes disease state, Diabetes products and relevant competitor products, including their mechanisms of action, indications, efficacy, and safety. You will collaborate with a territory matrix team on identifying business opportunities and developing appropriate tactics and strategies. By fostering team effectiveness, you will share accomplished goals, knowledge and experiences. You will drive market share growth and maximize sales performance.
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
· Five years of pharmaceutical sales representative experience with the last 3 years in a Diabetes sales role
· Account management experience
· A valid driver's license and safe driving record
· Evidence of strong established relationships with local endocrinology specialists
· Understanding of the business drivers, dynamics, regulations and market access environment within the pharmaceutical industry
· Skills at building and maintaining professional relationships with key customers, office staff and others in the customer influence network
· Strong business analytics to analyze data as well as develop, execute and adjust business plans
· Ability to work in matrix teams
Job reference: R-044626