In this position, the Diabetes Sales Specialist performs duties and activities within established company policies and procedures in a professional and ethical manner for quality performance to develop maximum sales growth in an assigned geographical territory. Contacts and calls on high prescribing doctors, educators and retail pharmacists within the diabetes category, as well as maintains a high level of disease state, competitive and Abbott Diabetes Care product knowledge to meet the customers’ needs and expectations. This position reports to the District Manager.
- Build a strategic territory plan to maximize sales by analyzing market dynamics and utilizing available information to develop, plan, track and adjust appropriately to meet short and long-term goals.
- Grow sales and share of sensors and BGM test strips by effectively educating and convincing HCPs to recommend Abbott products to patients.
- Work in close collaboration with sales and marketing team members to grow share.
- Pursue a continuous program for self-development to educate self on the disease state, new products (Abbott Diabetes Care and competition), new tools, and the changing business environment to help build sales and manage effectively the territory.
- Communicate sales activity, follow-up, and report in a clear, concise and consistent manner, while meeting key administrative and project deadlines.
- Maintain all assigned company equipment, records and supplies in accordance with company policy for efficient operations.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree combined with medical device or pharmaceutical sales experience.
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Superior selling/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and present innovative solutions.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong business sense.