This position isresponsible for and accountable for representing BD in a specific geographical area,assigned by the company, for consistently achieving sales objectives through direct interactions with customers consisting of Health Care Professionals, (Endocrinologists, CDEs), key diabetes institutions, andpharmacists.
Diabetes Sales Consultant - New Jersey
The Diabetes Sales Consultant is responsible for the development, management, and growth of the healthcare professional recommendation to ensure that physicians and other healthcare professionals are strong advocates for BD brand diabetes drug delivery devices in order to ensure territory sales goals are achieved.
The successful associate will expand brand loyalty within strategic accounts by forging relationships with the most influential diabetes centric healthcare professionals in their assigned territories with an objective of improving outcomes for people living with diabetes.Diabetes Sales Consultants will call on customers to raise their level of awareness and increase the demand of BD diabetes drug delivery devices.
The Diabetes Sales Consultant is also an expert in the patient buying process and is integral in assuring that the patient/HCP experience results in adoption of the BD brand injection device as a standard of therapy for appropriate patients.This position will also be responsible for correlating any professional contact needed within their accounts with the operational, quality or customer service teams of BD.
- Meet/exceeds sales objectives within assigned geographical area.
- Drives customer development through relationships with physicians, medical staff, educators, and pharmacists; building loyalty to BD brands.
- Consistently exhibits a high level of proficiency and expertise in discussing and demonstrating BD products; as well as discussing related diabetes products including competitors.
- Work collaboratively with strategic partners to establish a continuum of care for patients.
- Manage customer accounts and optimize territory to grow BD brand sales.
- Leverage business planning process to align to sales strategy and execute tactics to drive results.
- Demonstrate agility by understanding and utilizing strategic analytics to inform business planning decisions.
- Manage all resources to optimize territory performance.
- Collaborate with Retail and Market Access team to drive access to BD brand devices.
- Works effectively and productively with colleagues in the commercial and corporate office.
- Completes all administrative duties in a timely fashion and works within specified budget.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, degree in a life science strongly preferred.
- Must have at least 3 years of sales success providing customer solutions, preferably to healthcare professionals.
- History of driving sales in a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in identifying opportunities and growing sales in assigned territory.
- Experienced selling in endocrinology, internal medicine, allied health professional and pharmacy accounts is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to drive two-way communication.
- Strong business acumen skills and ability to translate business strategy into actionable high payoff activities.
- Must be able to adapt product promotion to customer needs.
- Is familiar with industry trends and can anticipate customer needs.
- Must be willing to travel with some overnights; must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Should be skilled at large account and/or total account management.
- Must demonstrative an ability to prospect accounts and introduce new products to an unsatisfied market.
Job ID R-325411