- Maintain and expand customer relationships with DHS leadership and partner with program and project management to ensure customer needs are met
- Understand customer issues and requirements and be the voice of the customer to communicate these within the FC&HS Division and Aerospace business capture and proposal teams.
- Lead the strategy, planning, development, pursuit and capture of business opportunities, consistent with corporate policies/practices, goals, and business development objectives.
- Work as part of an integrated line of business team consisting of account representatives, capture management, proposal management, program management, administrative, execution and technical resources.
- Identify, prioritize and resource both near and long-term opportunities within the DHS portfolio.
- Report and track: (1) growth against strategic plan goals; (2) Resource expenditure actuals vs. plan; (3) opportunity pipeline; and (4) Evolution of Account plans and (5) return on investment
- Think and act strategically and provide thought leadership to strategic planning cycle.
- Engage with the targeted accounts regularly and maintain effective relationships with customer decision makers.
- Establish and maintain reputation with customer as problem solver and thought leader.
- Engage Aerospace senior executives with customer.
- Act as “recognized face to the customer” in support of FC&HS Division leadership.
- “Own” the customer strategy and positioning processes
- Seek and identify opportunities for additional, expanded and new business and assists management in the evaluation, pursuit and capture of new opportunities.
- Lead multiple concurrent opportunities through a structured capture process.
- Review, update and maintain customer information and business development pipeline databases on a regular basis.
- Implement practices, and operating processes and recommend improvements to management.
This position can be filled as a grade 2 or a grade 3.
- 8 years of progressively responsible experience for a project engineer (12 years for a senior project engineer) with direct hands-on experience in business development, account management and program management roles with DHS, preferably with some employment experience with DHS or an FFRDC or federally funded laboratory.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering or equivalent training and experience is required. An advanced degree in an engineering discipline and/or in business administration is highly preferred.
- Experience developing and capturing federally funded science, technology and engineering systems opportunities with demonstrated ability to close new business opportunities in the range of 10 to 100 STE (Staff Years Of Technical Effort) preferably with DHS for an FFRDC or federally funded laboratory.
- Ability to work both as part of a geographically distributed team, and autonomously.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, DHS Programs and Components
- Demonstrated experience in being able to define a strategy, develop and communicate business capture plans, execute plans and/or direct individuals in other organizations to support the execution of elements of those plans.
- Experience using enterprise class Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software with accountability for qualified pipeline and other performance metrics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain TS clearance is required
- Ability to travel.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: PROJ ENGINEER
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
Requisition ID: 34601