- Performing system engineeringtrades, analysis, and concept development.
- System requirements development and flowdown to subsystems.
- Providing communication of technical results in both oral and written formats.
- Providing technical oversight and guidance to a team of analysts and engineers ensuring focus on the appropriate questions and scope of the problem.
- Meeting with Government customers and program team members on a regular basis to review program status and plan future actions.
- Acquiring follow-on business associated with areas of responsibility and supporting new business development.
B.S. in a technical field such as Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science.
At least 10 years’ experience (or equivalent) in engineering research and development programs.
Demonstrated strong system engineering expertise.
- Understanding of US Government and Department of Defense processes
Strong analytical skills and be detail-oriented.
Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and in a team environment.
Demonstrated ability to lead a cohesive team and deliver the highest quality service.
Experience with either high energy laser (HEL) or high power microwave (HPM) weapon systems.
- U.S. Secret clearance. Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Experience with both high energy laser (HEL) AND high power microwave (HPM) weapon systems.
- Experience in integrating HEL subsystems and testing their performance.
- Experience in optical and electro-optical systems.
- Experience in field-testing DEW systems.
- Active Top Secret clearance.
At ARA, you are our greatest asset. As an employee-owned company, we realize that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiation, along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. Our core values of Passion, Freedom, Service and Growth define our culture, brand, and business strategies. We provide our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. Our multi-disciplinary teams encourage continual learning. Your coworkers will constantly challenge you to be your best and to think outside the box. We recognize and reward employees for their contributions to the company’s success, through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and excellent benefits including medical and dental coverage, 401(k) profit sharing, life and long-term disability insurance, performance bonuses, and professional development.
To apply, go to careers.ara.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Bachelor of Science or better in Engineering or related field.
10 years:Either high energy laser (HEL) or high power microwave (HPM) weapon systems.
10 years:Engineering research and development programs
5 years:Field-testing DEW systems
5 years:Integrating HEL subsystems and testing their performance
5 years:Optical and electro-optical systems
5 years:Both high energy laser (HEL) AND high power microwave (HPM) weapon systems.