As the world's leading video and ecommerceretailer, QVC has a history of growth and success that goes unmatched. We are an $8.8 billion business that reaches over 300 million homes worldwide. QVC continues to grow on-line, on-air, and throughmobile. Ranked as the #3 largestmobile commerce player among multi-categoryretailers, our globalIT organization is expanding and we in search of tech talent to join our high performing team. We are an innovative,technology-driven company that embraces corporate responsibility and is committed to our people. Located just outside of Philadelphia, our US Headquarters are in West Chester, PA. Whether you’re coming from Center City, the airport, or a suburb with regional rail service, the QVC shuttle service provides a stress-free daily commute to work.
Job Description Details
Job Description- DevOps Tool Engineer
The Tool Engineer will be responsible for development activities supporting the IT Solution Delivery Tools practice at QVC. As part of the team supporting Tools, the ideal candidate will play a key role in developing, administering, and supporting solutions aligned to the Tools Strategy and Roadmap. The Engineer will develop and foster close relationships with key stakeholders within the IT and Business organization to better understand their requirements and continue to shape the overall strategy and delivery roadmap.
- Work independently to develop, maintain, and support Tool solutions.
- Work independently to implement and support tools and applications, including APIs, services, micro-services, databases, and virtual servers that will help deliver high quality solutions quickly.
- Create and maintain appropriate technical documentation for relevant applications supporting design, development and operational phases.
- Apply knowledge of the latest trends in the Tool industry and engage with other team members to consult and help implement best practices.
- Act as a change agent and champion for Tool practices.
- Interface with various teams within IT including Application Development, Enterprise Data Management, QA, Infrastructure, and Operations, ensuring production readiness.
- Estimates own work effort for input to planning.
- Escalates delays, issues, risks and highlights to project managers and/or project leads.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- ATLASSIAN - 5+ years of experience in Atlassian Tool Suite
- Operate, maintain/administrator, upgrades and troubleshoot enterprise systems running Atlassian suite products
- Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket, Fisheye/Crucible
- Experience in JIRA/Confluence external storage configuration
- Experience in developing custom plugins for JIRA and Confluence using Atlassian SDK/Rest APIs
- Experience in developing custom/user macros for Confluence
- Performance tuning Atlassian products running on Java/Tomcat containers and monitoring
- Experience in configuring Atlassian products running behind webservers such as Apache httpd, Nginx, IIS, Reverse proxy configurations to accommodate context paths/port forwarding, SSL configurations
- Experience in LDAP configuration for enterprise systems running multiple active directories
- Atlassian Administrator certifications on JIRA and Confluence is a plus
- OPERATING SYSTEMS - 3-5 + years ofexperience
- Strong working knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.x/7.x, Apache administration and configuration
- Strong Linuxservertroubleshooting and skills
- Windowsserver administration is a plus (2008, 2012 & 2016)
- DATABASE - 3-5 + years of experience
- Experience with MSSQLserver 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL is a plus
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries, Database and query performance optimization
- SQLServer Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Performance Monitor
- LANGUAGES – 3-5 +years ofexperience
- Experience in Java (Java 7+) cross platform application development is must
- Experience building RESTful APIs using Java
- Experience in SOA, Spring, Sprig Boot Frameworks
- Experience in scriptinglanguage such as PowerShell, Bash
- SDLC – 3-5 + years of experience
- Experience with AgileScrum/Kanban methodologies
- Knowledge on Agile KPIs and metrics
- Knowledge on Test driven development and Behavior driven development methodologies and implementation experience is a plus
- DEVOPS (Nice to Have)
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Cloud providers such as AWS or Azure
- Networkengineering concepts (e.g. Firewalls, Load Balancers, CDN's)
- Container technologies such as Docker
- Monitoring tools: Dynatrace
- ReleaseEngineering tools like Maven, Jenkins
- Functional/System test tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, UFT
- Performance testing tools such as HP Performance center, Jmeter
- Application lifecycle management tools such as HP ALM
- Command-line tools and distributed version control systems such as GIT, SVN, TFS
- Experience/Knowledge on HP test data management/CA test data management is a plus