Summary of Role
DevOps Technical Product Owner, Digital Innovation
Who we are…
TSYS is a leading financial services provider, and the technology behind many successful financial brands, products and programs. We have a people-centered focus - with our customers and within our team. That focus has helped us to innovate and grow our business to where it is today. It’s also helped us build a close-knit team that enjoys new ideas and solving problems together.
You might fit well in the product innovation team if you enjoy technology, are passionate about the things you create, enjoy setting your own direction and moving fast. This includes sharing opinions within the team, taking initiative to learn new things and putting in the work to make our products the best.
As a DevOps Technical Product Owner …
You will lead the technical direction, planning and execution of DevOps programs and projects. You will be a key player in TSYS’ microservices oriented ecosystem, driving high availability, high scalability, and fast, efficient, continuous releases - operating at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic input. Success requires an entrepreneurial spirit, great communication, and a balanced background in both business analysis and delivery of large-scale technology platforms. We believe that attitude and the ability to define and execute a vision are very important to be successful in this role. Some things you’ll do regularly include:
Some other things you’ll do regularly include:
- You will be driving strategic planning, project execution, development and operations for the automation platform in a progressive and collaborative Agile environment.
- You will be responsible for delivering end-to-end solutions from initial concept through finished solution in the area of automated build, deployment, monitoring and server infrastructure
- You will be building highly scalable, highly available eco-systems in production
- Technical enough to be comfortable asking questions to dig into development issues, quickly gather and synthesize information, devise a plan, get buy-in and move towards a resolution
- Knowledge of Docker containers, Kubernetes Orchestration, Jenkins, cloud tools, Saltstack and other components to architect and design solutions to continuously build out and enhance automated platform architecture as a service that allows for seamless build, run and deployment of applications across on premise and external cloud environments
- Exhibit understanding of server virtualization, networking and storage ensuring that the solution scales and performs with high availability and uptime.
- Build strong working relationship with customers and internal teams
- Lead stakeholder meetings to identify opportunities and priorities
- Create and maintain the product backlog for specific initiatives
- Conduct planning sessions with the teams to prioritize work in upcoming sprints
- Engage directly and daily with delivery teams to execute the project
- Ensure product acceptance and readiness at key phases of the delivery cycle
- Lead communication efforts around the product, priorities and future roadmaps
Who you are…
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re not intimidated by technology and understand how to leverage it to build great products. Your skills are broad – systems, scripting, integration, database, and even business domains on occasion – and you easily transition between those. You like to leverage modern, open source technology and can quickly assemble it to create solutions that aren’t over-engineered. You’re also comfortable in a role where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but just a starting point.
For this role, you’ll bring the following qualifications…
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information technology or business information systems or related field
- Minimum five years as a developer, devops engineer, team lead, product owner or other sufficiently technical delivery role
- Experience working in an agile development environment is preferred
- Experience in leveraging Linux containers and associated tools to virtualize application infrastructure
- Broad technology background with understanding of server virtualization, database automation, storage and networking
- Experience breaking down requirements, recommending solutions and organizing to deliver it
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Fluent, open communication - both speaking and writing
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
TSYS Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Business or Computer Science; Combination of relevant training and/ or experience in lieu of degree
- Typically Minimum 8 Years Relevant Exp
- Experience in similar business product services and/or external customer/market experience
- Prefer experience in a software development environment or in a professional services role. Prefer software or IT background (i.e., degree or experience). Prefer direct experience with doing software development, testing and/or business analysis. Prefer experience with Agile software products and delivery methodology.