This DevOps position will utilize troubleshooting skills to assist, analyze and document production application problems and procedures. Additionally, you will focus on automation integration monitoring and streamline applications delivery to get applications out to customers quickly and efficiently. This includes application program updates, script modifications, configure and run internal scripts, 3rd party software; as well as work with developers, and possibly vendors to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
Experience (US only) and Education
- 3+ years of VMS and Linux experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or 5+ years' experience required
- Excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and with other teams effectively.
- Experience with the Cloud and monitoring processes as well as DevOps Engineering.
- Experience as a Release DevOps Engineer in Configuration Management, Automation, Development, Build and Deployments.
- Diagnose system performance problems by using log files, Nagios, support tools, monitoring tools to early detect changes in system responses or operation.
- Create scripts for continuous improvement for Linux applications, processes and establish automation.
- Provide prompt recovery and problem escalation for exceptions, extrapolating and integrating information within defined boundaries, using multiple system management and problem management tools.
- Work closely with support groups to refine system monitoring and reporting, and to assist them in their analysis and problem recovery.
- Modify Control-M jobs or scripts for processing of workloads by system and execution of commonly used processes. Create system reports as needed from Nagios, Dashboard, etc.
- Provide excellent documentation and closure of tasks, changes, and requests.
- Provides feedback on technical tasks in terms of progress and schedule.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- On call rotation responsibilities.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Install / configuration of Tomcat, Dynatrace and Control –M.
- Ability to use Jira, Git, Greylog, Ansible, Docker or Jenkins.
- OpenStack, Docker Containers, Rundeck.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- VMS and Linux skills.
- Understand how VMS clusters work, directory structure and basic VMS commands.
- Knowledge of virtual server environments.
- Ability to create and modify scripts.
- Ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies.