As a DevOps System Administrator on our Technical Operations Team, you will ensure the daily success of a software system built from countless components and running on top of multiple servers. You will leverage your technical skills to strengthen our ability to deploy and maintain highly performing and scalable systems. You will have the opportunity to participate in, and eventually own, the configuration management which covers installation and configuration of operating systems, databases, networked file systems, and system monitoring tools. Given the complexity of our systems and our team's expansion, there is no limit to your technical and managerial growth.
What you'll do and how you'll make an impact
- Contribute to the evolving design and architecture of reliable and scalable infrastructure.
- Provide sysadmin support to colleagues in Development and Quality Assurance.
- Identify system weaknesses and propose/implement improvements.
- Design and implement automation.
- Architect and Automate Amazon AWS and various other cloud providers.
- Architect fast, scalable, secure, and highly available computer networks.
- Provide technical guidance to other staff members within the organization.
- Available on call as part of rotating 24/7 Support Team.
- Resolve unexpected issues in real time.
What you'll need
- 3+ years of experience.
- Deep understanding of Linux.
- Configuration management, best practices, and feel comfortable leading and/or improving the direction of our configuration management infrastructure.
- Experience managing multi-tier web services using technologies such as Apache web server or Tomcat, Java applications and Knowledge of MySQL, Postgres.
- Love automation and try to use it as much as possible.
- Strong knowledge of scriptinglanguages including ruby, bash, and others.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under deadlines.
- Flexible, continuous learner, excellent communicator, works well in team environment, appreciates challenge, comfortable and effective working in new areas that require experimentation and rapid problem solving.
- Assets: Past experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, RabbitMQ, Nginx desirable.