(ISC)² ® is the world's largest nonprofit membership association of certified cybersecurity professionals. We're committed to helping our members learn, grow and thrive by providing world-class cybersecurity qualifications, professional development and engagement opportunities that inspire a safe and secure cyber world. With more than 160,000 certified members, we empower professionals who touch every aspect of information security.
Under the direction of the Information Technology Applications Manager, the DevOps Supervisor is responsible for assuring a high standard of continuous delivery and continuous integration in the form of software build automation and tooling. The DevOps supervisor will oversee the consistent application of best practices and standards for source control storage, build jobs, and unit and integration test automation for use by development staff across multiple development environments including .NET, Sitecore, and Salesforce.
- Lead the DevOps team in initiatives that require build automation, deployments, and test automation for multiple system implementations.
- Manages large projects and processes within software development group.
- Leads, directs, and reviews the work of a team who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Communicates with the Information Technology Applications manager the status of build jobs and Automated testing.
- Review existing and future development lifecycle procedures and identify potential points for automation.
- Lead and assist teams in the release of custom applications from development to production environments.
- Design and implement automated builds, including tests, that deliver code from a localized environment to testing and production environments.
- Assist and guide in build and deployment failures with development team members.
- Aggregate multiple release streams, and ensure integrity of the tasks, bug fixes, and enhancements being released.
- Maintain appropriate change management processes to ensure that appropriate regulatory guidelines are followed for production releases.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a relevant field preferred. Relevant demonstrated hands-on experience and duration of work experience will be considered.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in Software Engineering.
- Proven work experience as a Lead Build Automation Engineer or in a similar lead role in process automation.
- Demonstrated Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Emotional Quotient (EQ), and the ability to lead a team effectively and positively.
- Experience in building and maintaining Automated QA testing suites and jobs.
- Familiarization with Salesforce, Sitecore, .NET and related build requirements and artifacts.
- Expert understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools and processes.
- Proficiency in build tools such as Jenkins, Team City, Bitbucket Pipelines, or Circle CI.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and maintain built automation jobs in languages such as Java or C#, and an understanding of ant.
- Experience automating operating system functions using scripting languages such as bash and PowerShell.
- Experience defining processes and policies in accordance with industry accepted best practices and standards relating to source driven development.
- Experience in leading teams of 3-5 engineers and QA Specialists.
- Ability to demonstrate and support the 5 Company Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Unity, Accountability, Agility.
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language such as Java or C#.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
- Experience automating tedious repetitive development-oriented tasks.
- Ability to communicate abstract concepts to non-technical staff.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
Physical & Mental:
- 40-hour on-site or remote work week with on-call availability, occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines, deploy changes, or test implementations.
- Work in an office environment using dual monitor computer screens.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components.
- Work extended hours or overtime, when necessary.
- Up to 15% travel required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Lifting and transporting of light to moderately heavy objects – i.e. computers and peripherals.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic as protected by applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.