Udacity is built on a microservices pattern with increasing use of edge compute and distributed service-service communications. Product and feature development teams deploy continuously and rely on solid developer tools for code hosting, continuous integration testing, security scanning, deployment orchestration, and monitoring. Development teams are on-call for their own applications and escalate to the Platform team for more serious issues.
- Develop tools to improve developer productivity to bring new Udacity products to market.
- Provide support and advice to developers building new student-facing applications.
- Develop tools to manage our fleet of cloud services in AWS and GCP.
- Use configuration management tools to deploy and maintain Udacity products.
- Participate in on-call rotation for production incident response.
- Experience in Go, Ruby, Python or a comparable language.
- Experience using Terraform, Pulumi, Cloudformation or comparable tools.
- Experience running Linux, Docker, or related systems.
- Interest in systems engineering, networking, and security administration.
Qualities we value:
- Mentors others and supports their growth.
- Encourages positive attributes and attitudes in others.
- Sees through complex problems to simple, actionable improvements.
- Works urgently and carefully under pressure.
- Continuously learning new tools and techniques.
- Resourcefulness to work through thorny production issues.
- Patience to sort out unclear operations requests.