The DevOps Solutions Engineer (DSE) is part of a highly technical sales team, which supports sales and promotes customer happiness. The DSE will be responsible for influencing technology decisions with DevOps focused customers by building community, sharing knowledge, and developing repeatable, programmatically consumable solutions. The role includes delivering presentations and product demonstrations, assessment of potential application of F5 solutions, and the development of account plans.
- Act as a trusted adviser providing technical expertise through Sales presentations, Solution designs, Solution demonstrations, and Proof of Concepts
- Build, present and communicate F5 DevOps messaging, marketing plan and overall engagement strategy to internal partners, end users, and key F5 technology partners.
- Act as mediator between the DevOps community and F5 while representing the voice of the customer to broader teams
- Interact with community members through calls, panels, webinars, podcasts, blogs
- Identify investment opportunities in existing industry events and build custom events for offline engagement with the DevOps community
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and share with peer group
- Foster a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing standard methodologies and success and building positive relationships
- Effectively negotiate and pursue conflict resolution
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop DevOps/DevSecOps mentorship including training material, standard methodologies, reusable code, etc.
- Deep understanding of microservices and cloud native application architectures; experience decomposing monolithic software applications into a microservices architecture.
- Ability to produce technical documents and diagrams that convey technical architectural concepts.
- Deep understanding of RESTful APIs
- Experience working in a production DevOps environment using:
- DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, GitHub/GitLab, Artifactory, SonarQube, Docker, etc.
- Container orchestrators such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker Swarm
- Containerized data services such as Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka, and MongoDB
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP, VMWare, OpenStack.
- Knowledge of OWASP principles (preferred, but not required)
- Understanding of application security vulnerabilities, threats and controls, and web application firewall (preferred, but not required).
- 8+ years related industry experience
- 5+ years Pre-sales experiencepreferred
- Hands-on design and implementation of a CI/CD pipeline to support enterprise level projects.
- Hands-on experience identifying and mitigating security design flaws and implementation bugs within an Agile delivery/CI environment preferred
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience