You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a DevOps Solution Architect. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
EPAM is looking to build and strengthen our Development Operations practice across the country by identifying talented DevOps Solution Architects to join our team. Our ideal candidate should possess skills that make him/her a subject matter expert in systems, infrastructure, automation, and security architecture coupled with the ability to work closely with delivery, manage client relationships, and act as a leader within the practice.
EPAM occupies a unique position in thedigital services industry. Part agency, part consultancy, part innovation lab,EPAM is dedicated to helping globalenterprises thrive in thedigital age. We innovate breakthrough strategies,experiences and products designed to reinvent the relationship between companies and their customers. We believe in testing and measuring, in continuous improvement, in the relentless pursuit of results.
- Design, architect, and implement next generation system architecture and automation solutions;
- Implement, maintain, and improve Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environments;
- Own and lead initiatives to define, design, and implement DevOps solutions which includes reference architectures, estimates, and costing;
- Provide technical leadership, project guidance, and business development in various mobiletechnology areas;
- Advise business and technology delivery leadership on how to translate the client’s infrastructure and automation business requirements into executable technology solutions;
- Participate in customer’s workshops and provide presentations of the proposed solution;
- Act as a subject matter expert on DevOps best practices with Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling Groups, and Configuration Management;
- Perform analysis best practices and emerging concepts in DevOps, Infrastructure Automation, and Enterprise Security;
- Act as a technical liaison between clients, service engineering teams and support;
- Define common business and development processes, platform and tools usage for mobile solutions and delivery;
- Review and audit of the existing solution, design and system architecture;
- Serve as a systems and automation evangelist providing thought leadership, participating in conferences, authoring white papers, etc;
- Perform profiling, troubleshooting of existing solutions;
- Create technical documentation.
- Broad knowledge of software development and software testing methodologies along with change and configuration management practices in Linux-based environments;
- Strong knowledge of software delivery life cycles including Agile methodologies;
- Strong knowledge of cloud environments;
- Strong knowledge of JEE and related frameworks;
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Perl, R, Spark);
- Experience with automated deployment, continuous integration, and releaseengineering tools (Jenkins, Groovy, Bitbucket, Jira, Nagios, Zabbix, Cacti, New Relic, Graphite);
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure automation tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible);
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Prior consulting, advisory, or professional services experiencepreferred;
- Demonstrated project management experience in Agile (Scrum), which includes project planning, execution, risk management, and resource management;
- Strong knowledge of and expertise in DevOps solution delivery and strategy;
- Experience with Big Data tools (Hadoop, NiFi, Spark, Apache HBase, Kafka, Apache Storm);
- Familiar with networkarchitecture, securityarchitecture and network topologies;
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and refactoring concepts;
- Practical expertise in performance tuning and optimization, bottleneck problems analysis;
- Active community member and contributor to open source projects is a plus;
- Solid technical expertise and troubleshooting skills;
- Possibility to travel ~50%;
- Minimum 8years’ experience working on large software projects;
- Minimum 5 years’ consulting and customer facing experience;
- Ability to work in a fast changing environment;
- Ability to work with distributed teams in several time zones;
- Ability to lead a large technical team to identify and solve technical problems;
- Fluent verbal and written English.