Currently we are looking for a DevOps Solution Architect for our San Francisco, CA office to make the team even stronger.
EPAM is seeking to build and strengthen our Development Operations practice across the country by identifying talented DevOps Solution Architects to join our team. Our ideal candidate will possess skills that make them a subject matter expert in systems,infrastructure, automation, andsecurityarchitecture coupled with the ability to work closely with delivery, manage client relationships, and act as aleader within the practice.
- Design, architect, and implement next generation system architecture and automation solutions;
- Implement, maintain, and improve Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environments;
- Own and lead initiatives to define, design, and implement DevOps solutions which includes reference architectures, estimates, and costing;
- Provide technical leadership, project guidance, and business development in various mobiletechnology areas;
- Advise business and technology delivery leadership on how to translate the client’s infrastructure and automation business requirements into executable technology solutions;
- Participate in customer’s workshops and provide presentations of the proposed solution;
- Act as a subject matter expert on DevOps best practices with Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling Groups, and Configuration Management;
- Perform analysis best practices and emerging concepts in DevOps, Infrastructure Automation, and Enterprise Security;
- Acts as a technical liaison between clients, service engineering teams and support;
- Define common business and development processes, platform and tools usage for mobile solutions and delivery;
- Review and audit of existing solution, design and system architecture;
- Serve as a systems and automation evangelist providing thought leadership, participating in conferences, authoring white papers, etc;
- Perform profiling, troubleshooting of existing solutions;
- Create technical documentation.
- Broad knowledge of software development and software testing methodologies along with change and configuration management practices in Linux-based environments;
- Strong knowledge of cloud environments;
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Perl);
- Experience with automated deployment, continuous integration, and releaseengineering tools (Nagios, Zabbix, Cacti, New Relic, Graphite);
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure automation tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible);
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Prior consulting, advisory, or professional services experience is preferred;
- Demonstrated project management experience in Agile (Scrum), which includes project planning, execution, risk management, and resource management;
- Strong knowledge and expertise in DevOps solution delivery and strategy;
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and refactoring concepts;
- Practical expertise in performance tuning and optimization, bottleneck problems analysis;
- Active community member and contributor to open source projects is a plus;
- Solid technical expertise and troubleshooting skills;
- Possibility to travel ~50%;
- Fluent verbal and written English.