Reporting to the Manager, Software Engineering, the DevOps Software Engineer will be responsible for supporting C5S engineering by building out and automating our development and continuous integration (CI) infrastructure for software build, test, configuration management, and release. S/he will seek out new technologies, partner with our IT organization to provide best in class continuous engineering infrastructure transforming our businesses at C5S, Maritime sector and IMS segment.
- Continue the growth and transformation Engineering's development capabilities in Continuous Deployment and Continuous Testing using Docker, Ansible, OpenShift, Kubernetes technologies.
- Continuously improve our engineering Continuous Integration (CI) system and infrastructure, working with Corporate DevOps and Corporate IT as well as our engineering development teams on some of our nation's most critical systems
- Help the Development teams with the transition to our IMS Tier One engineering tools like Bitbucket, Jira, Klocwork, Parasoft, and SmartBear Collaborator
- Provide interface and coordination as needed between the Development teams and Corporate IT to maintain and improve infrastructure and tools
- Configure, automate, and maintain productivity tools using databases or scripting languages to improve software build and test environments
- Works under moderate supervision to set objectives for own job area. Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects or assignments. Sets objectives for own job area to meet the goals of projects and assignments.
- Communicates with contacts inside and outside own team to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures. Explains and interprets operational processes, practices and procedures of the job area to others within the organization
- U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET clearance
- Bachelor's degree in a Software discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field)
- 2 or more years of experience in a DevOps or similar role
- Experience with DevOps tooling such as Maven, Artifactory and Jenkins
- Experience with container orchestration (e.g., Kubernetes/Docker/OpenShift)
- Experience with configuration and administration of testing tools such as Klocwork, Parasoft, and SmartBear Collaborator
- Experience with configuration and administration of Atlassian tool suite: Bitbucket, Jira, Crucible, and Fisheye
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Additional Skills:
- SECRET clearance is a plus
- Software development experience with an object-oriented programming language, Java or C++ a plus