- Key contributor in strategic planning with engineering teams to help build highly scalable and reliable application infrastructure and the tools required to support it.
- Share best practices and mentor other Engineers in the areas where you're an expert, continuously improve service engineering, delivery and operational excellence.
- Process automation with a DevOps mindset, building infrastructure as code.
- Build shared Docker base images, deployment scripts, and service templates
- Build tools and templates that engineers can self-serve to quickly deploy new systems in a safe and scalable manner
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- A strong desire to learn new technologies. The ability to evolve with our industry is key, willingness to pick up new technologies and patterns.
- Expert level knowledge in the following areas:
- Application containerization and orchestration to include Docker Kubernetes, Swarm, Fargate.
- Configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt. (Ansible preferred)
- CI/CD pipelines leveraging Jenkins, Team City, Git
- Advanced skills in the following areas of technology.
- AWS cloud technologies including provision compute, CDN, alerting, and monitoring
- Application load balancers such as HAproxy, F5, Citrix Netscaler
- Application performance monitoring with tools like New Relic
- Expertise in Java and accompanying tools like Maven and Gradle
- LINUX administration and management
- Message Queuing products such as Rabbit MQ
- Secrets Management services
- Technical proficiency or familiarity
- Multiple development languages
- Relational and non-relational database systems
- Log aggregation and analysis tools like Sumo Splunk
- Monitor and alarming software like Nagios and New Relic
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (bulleted list)
- 5 + years' experience in an enterprise DevOps environment.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent professional experience
- Preference will be given to a candidate with previous DevOps experience, working in a fast-paced environment