The Role: S&P Global Market Intelligence, a premier sector-focused news and financial information provider, is looking for a DevOps / Release Engineer to join the IT Services team in our Richmond, VA office.
The Impact: You will apply your technical knowledge and leadership skills to help craft the automation surrounding server configuration and code based continuous integration and deployments that will support our organizations products and services.
The Career Opportunity: This position provides a tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally in this role. You will have the chance to create solutions based on industry best practices and use your critical thinking skills to overcome challenges. You will work with a team of highly skilled professionals who are committed to operational excellence.
The Team / The Business: Our Release Engineering team is responsible for engineering automation solutions for application and database code build and deployments, and server configurations. This team interacts with people from a wide variety of backgrounds across the entire organization and are able to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe.
- Programmatically automate server configuration, software builds, testing and deployments
- Work with development teams providing deployment services from initial development through production deployments
- Continuously improve and refactor the tools and code our team builds and maintains
- Participate in regular after-hours and weekend production deployments
- Document work for cross-training purposes within the team and craft partner documentation and training
- Work with various teams (DEV, QA, MIS, PMO, Product) in a cross-functional manner
- Regularly attend operations team meetings and project scrum meetings
Experience and proficiency with a variety of System tools including:
- 4+ years experience in automation scripting/programming (PowerShell, Bash, Groovy, Python)
- Experience using version control (SVN, TFS, GIT) in a collaborative code environment
- Experience with server configuration automation (Salt, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with continuous integration toolsets (Jenkins, TFS, VSTS)
- Experiencetroubleshooting code compile issues and exceptions (often unfamiliar code)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Familiarity with Agile and LEAN principles