The DevOps O&M Software Engineer will be responsible for managing software rollouts, monitoring production systems, and administering multiple systems, processes and cloud environments to automate the build, testing, deployment, and production infrastructure. They build, manage and update software packages to support the customer’s infrastructure to ensure the availability and performance for the customer during operations. They will oversee the configuration, build, deployment and release management strategies.
- Use system automation technologies such as chef, puppet, ansible or others to create standardized IT environments
- Use interpreted programming languages to automate system administration tasks
- Review, evaluate, design, document, implement and maintain key systems, networking, and storage infrastructure
- Design, promote and support Continuous Delivery
- Seek quality and cost savings by automating processes
- Develop and maintain Continuous Integration processes, tools and execution; includes test frameworks, code quality analysis, etc.
- Increase deployment reliability and frequency while reducing frictions
- Implement deployment processes that entails packaging releases, pushing releases and executing installs
- Support customer infrastructure for cloud deployments
- Conduct DevOps tool research, evaluation, proof of concept, installation, configuration and training
- Troubleshoot and resolve internal and customer problems in a timely manner
- Participate in process analysis and documentation
- Education Requirements: Shall have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related quantitative field.
- Candidates will have more than four (4) years’ technical experience directly related to software/system development related to the implementation and maintenance of client/server and web applications.
- At least 2 years of experience working with cloud based infrastructure in AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, SNS, etc.) or Azure or Google Cloud
- At least 2 years of experience building with infrastructure-as-code and configuration management tools (CloudFormation, Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- 3+ years of experience in Agile practices
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in enterprise solutions, system design and integration
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in implementing and managing DevOps tools such as: GitHub Enterprise, Jenkins, Nexus, Code Scanning, Enterprise Web Application Scanning, Tenable Security Center / Nessus, Jira/Confluence, lcinga, ELK (for internal Enterprise DevOps logs), Selenium Grid, OpenLPAP, Docker and other related tools.
- Experience in implementing and developing applications at DoD or Intelligence agency.
- Experience in design and implementation of applications.
- Participates as integral part of design team, coordinates engineers and support staff in project efforts.
- Monitors and oversees the completion and implementation of technical products to ensure success and timeliness.
- Provides complex technical consultation to other organizations; interacts with senior customer personnel and internal senior management.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering understanding and interpreting system and user requirements as required
- Ability to recommend and design best-practice solutions to identified requirements
- Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills required
- Experience with full Systems Development Life Cycle
- Administrative experience with Cloud server environments such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, and/or Openstack
- Experienced in Agile software development practices and tools, such as Atlassian JIRA
- Experience with Java application build processes and tools, especially Ant, Gradle, Jenkins, and Artifactory
- Deep knowledge of software deployment, versioning and release management processes
- Experience working with and supporting software development and production server environments
- Experience with documenting procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with external customers and staff members
- Preferred certifications: DevOps and Agile (SAFe, Scrum) certifications
- CompTIA Security+ Certification