What We Are Looking For
Love games? Always wanted to work in the game industry? Excited about writing systems that are used by millions of people each day? We need an Engineering Manager and it could be you!
MobilityWare delights millions of players every day with our portfolio of mobile and web applications. The business builds, deploys, and maintains many services and applications to support those games. Your job will be to develop the DevOps practice within MobilityWare to supportinternal business and game teams. This is a hands-on role with a management component.
We are on the leading edge of service and DevOps technology with AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, and TeamCity. With a diverse suite of internal service developers and many game teams, your hands will be full.
What You'll Be Doing
- Recruit, train, and develop a team of automation and DevOps engineers
- Own CI/CD tooling
- Be knowledgeable about security best practices and implement tools and processes to protect our vital data
- Be a consultant on best-practices to service teams throughout the organization
- Establish standards and practices for DevOps
- Maintain a company-wide SLA for sites and services
- Build and maintain disaster recovery plans for services across the company
- Establish and maintain security best-practices for access and handling of data
- Consult with diverse engineering teams on development and deployment best practices
- Evangelize DevOps as a cooperative discipline
- Maintain insight into and help diverse teams manage the costs of cloud infrastructure
What You Should Have
- Prior experience as a Lead or Manager (preferred) of DevOps team.
- Prefer bachelor’s degree in CS, Math, or technical field
- A minimum of 5 years working in software engineering/IT
- A minimum of 3 years working in DevOps.
- Strong interpersonal skills with desire and ability to work as an internal consultant
- Expertise in all things AWS
- Experience with virtualization systems like vmWare
- Kubernetes experiencepreferred
- Strong experience in maitaining SLAs for services including metrics, monitoring, logging, alerting, disaster recovery
- Experience monitoring, maintaining, tuning database services
- Knowledge of SOA design including service partitioning, messaging, discovery, and orchestration.
- Knowledge of Agile project management principles and how it applies to software engineering practice from development to version control, code review, artifact creation, release management.
- Familiarity with open source development methodologies. Bonus points for ideas about how these techniques could be applied for internally developed tools and libraries.
Why you should work for us:
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free trip, free dental, free vision
- Casually awesome workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), Unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway
- Amazing talent: We've got some heavy hitters from the industry who embody both brilliance AND humility