The Platform team’s mission is to create a robust set of tools, technology and processes which abstract full-stack details from application teams so they are able to focus on their core application value, and in doing so inject high availability, zero-downtime maintenance and updates, audit and security for compliance while ensuring rapid portability and reproducibility of the Kyruus product landscape wherever needed as customer growth requires.
- You’ll enable the teams you work with to deliver value to our customers through high quality software. You will lead by example and demonstrate to your team how to develop high quality designs and code by doing a significant amount of design and coding yourself. You will drive the technical management for your product area.
- Your typical day will include one-on-ones with direct reports, coaching Agile teams through sprint cycle stages, reviewing pull requests, and writing code for tasks and stories assigned to you. You’ll engage in recruiting activities with the rest of Engineering management.
- You’ll own the production system reliability monitoring, metrics and management processes and tools. You’ll establish guidelines and tools for application development teams to ensure SLAs are met, and help to evangelize more advanced SRE concepts to help engineering and Kyruus grow and scale while fully meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- You’ll work with Product to set the technical plans and execution for your product area. You’ll connect this to Kyruus’ business priorities. You’ll help figure out risks, trade-offs, and timelines.
- You’ll know the customer commits, product roadmap, and SLAs for your area backwards and forwards.
- You’ll track metrics, identify blockers to overall team effectiveness, and recommend process improvements.
- You’ll partner with Product and peers to set expectations and build confidence, predictability, and accountability on the team.
- You’ll recruit, hire, coach, and develop amazing software engineers and be an active advocate for your team. You’ll ensure your engineers are keeping our product development principles (affectionately known as MAGIC5) front and center as we build amazing products. You’ll report to the Director, Engineering in the Platform Department within the R&D - Engineering division.
Respect: How You'll Use Your Professional Skills
- You’ll use your 7+ years of experience in software, infrastructure and/or operations engineering and at least 2 of the years as a manager to:
- Write high quality code reliably and on time for our roadmap and customer commitments.
- Negotiate and identify priorities, trade-offs, and timelines for your product area.
- Measure and improve system performance.
- You’ll use your management skills to:
- Leverage your team to get things done, get them done well, and celebrate them when they do.
- Connect business goals to the goals of each of your direct reports.
- Create an inclusive environment where your direct reports and peers feel motivated to succeed.