Extron is a leading developer and manufacturer of professional AV hardware and software solutions which serve the ever-changing needs of organizations around the world as they strive to better communicate. Each Extron product is carefully engineered to provide best-in-class performance, intuitive operation and exceptional reliability. At Extron, the passion for our products is evidenced by our company culture which encourages innovation and provides opportunities for individual career growth. Our teams develop and release over 100 new products a year and continue to grow our vast patent portfolio.
We are searching for an experienced DevOps leader who is passionate about incorporating leading edge DevOps practices into our engineering processes, enabling Extron to build world-class AV solutions and meet customer demand. The DevOps Manager will manage a team of DevOps engineers supporting product and engineering teams across multiple departments to build, maintain and expand our DevOps practices and processes. Not only will the DevOps manager manage existing processes, this person will help drive towards a more unified system of processes across all groups.
- Manage a team of DevOps engineers whose goal is to rapidly produce release artifacts for a wide range of products including on-prem, web and mobile solutions and manage the needed underlying infrastructure.
- Coordinate with engineering leaders and product owners to develop and deliver a consistent Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes.
- Provide guidance on how to continue the philosophy of “Shift Left” in all aspects of our SDLC.
- Architect and design Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes and automation using Jenkins and AWS.
- Manage release and deployment infrastructure including proactively monitoring and managing a 24/7 system.
- 3+ years’ experience managing engineering teams.
- 2+ years’ experience serving as a DevOps Engineer.
- 2+ years’ experience working in an AWS production environment.
- 2+ years’ experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Proven ability to coordinate and align technical roadmaps with product roadmaps and delivery.
- Building a strong CI/CD culture and environment.
- Strong attention to detail and quality control.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience.
- Hands on experience as a developer.
- Practical experience working in Windows and Linux environments.
- Creating governance frameworks and best practices for cloud and on-prem CI/CD environments.
- Ability to automate and script deployments and infrastructure tasks, for cloud and on-prem pipelines.
- Hands on experience with Datadog, Jenkins, Artifactory, Jira, Jira Service Desk, Ops Genie for automation of operations and support