In Global Technology Services, we make an impact by providing leading edge technology products and support to the entire Deloitte organization. We offer innovative technology solutions that cross borders and help Deloitte deliver and connect with their clients, their communities, and one another in ways they never thought possible.
- Is it your mission to embrace continuous integration/deployment?
- Do you have a blend of development and operational experience?
Deloitte Global currently has an exciting DevOps opportunity available. In your role as the DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for the implementation of tools and processes which enable rapid development and deployment of software. The focus of this role is to embrace continuous integration/deployment in a delivery pipeline that will perform automated quality and security checks, providing operational excellence working in an Agile and multi-cultural team.
Work you'll do:
An ideal candidate for this role will have a blend of development and operational experience with a good understanding of the developers they are working with, while also balancing stakeholder satisfaction and maintaining critical systems uptime. They will excel in a team environment and enjoy interfacing globally with developers, infrastructure support, business Users, SME's & QA teams.
- This Manager role requires skills that enable the individual to deliver a high level of service to the business and to meet control expectations in a highly available agile infrastructure. Knowledge of core, specialized, and technical competencies is required, along with a very solid understanding of an enterprise IT infrastructure operational environment.
- Ensure user visible uptime and quality, providing operational and development expertise in making our systems rarely fail, and are fast to fix when they do fail
- Own the day-to-day health, uptime, monitoring, and reliability of services and server infrastructure
- Participate in architecture and design reviews to provide recommended improvements to the development teams to improve the reliability and performance of applications
- Minimize manual involvement by imagining & implementing continuous improvements that create an operating environment, including the development of new tools, dynamically monitoring, alerting, & automated self-healing & recovery
- Identify and/or analyze problems relating to mission critical services and implement automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Engage in application performance analysis and system tuning, and capacity planning
- Practice Agile and Scrum methodologies
What you'll be part of—our Deloitte Global culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Who you'll work with:
In Tax ＆ Legal, ERS Delivery, we make an impact by joining the global organization's efforts to focus on building our innovation brand, keeping clients at the core of our strategies, and being recognized as the most innovative professional services/solutions firm in the world. Our contributions lead to bring all of Deloitte's Tax processes and tools together to define an integrated user experience for tax practitioners and enhancing our client service relationships and help position Deloitte as the dominant tax technology leader.
How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do — that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
To be considered for this role, there are certain qualifications you'll have to have. And others that would be really, really nice.
- Minimum of 7 years of combined experience in the Development / Operations domain with a focus on operational excellence in software development and maintenance of high application business criticality.
- At least three years' experience on technical project management or other management function, reporting to leadership
- Experience leading a team remotely
- Strong understanding of the concepts and principles behind DevOps, Continuous Integration/Delivery/Test, Agile, Lean, Configuration Management, Security, Infrastructure as a Service, etc.
- Demonstrable experience on automating and reducing manual processes producing reliability improvements
- Capable of technical deep dives into infrastructure, databases, and application, specifically in designing, coding, operating, and supporting high-performance, highly available services and infrastructure
- Strong experience with instrumentation, monitoring, alerting, and responding relative to performance and availability of applications
- Strong experience with SharePoint on-prem and online platform
- Strong experience with Source Control such as GitHub, GIT on Azure Devops
- Strong experience with PowerShell and Desired State Configuration
- Knowledge of virtualization and its benefits for improving reliability
- Experience with Selenium or similar test automation tools
- Working knowledge of Azure Services, AWS or Google as cloud infrastructure provider.
- Experience developing in one or more software development language (e.g., preferably C#/C++)
- Experience and knowledge of database technologies, particularly MS SQL
- Experience in designing for failure, including disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Experience operating and supporting mission-critical applications (e.g. incident and outage management)
- Passionate for making things better and driving action with a sense of urgency
- Experience problem solving issues on globally distributed systems and critical product service environments
- Use of DevOps tools to deliver and operate end-user services a plus (e.g., Chef, New Relic, Puppet, Scripting, etc.)
- Brings new thinking to challenge existing technology and processes
- Excellent at building relationships across teams
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership
- Desire to understand our businesses and users
- Up to 10% travel required
- Excellent English written, verbal, listening, analytical, and communications skills
- Good negotiation and facilitation skills
- Creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Delegating tasks and set deadlines for your internal team
- Fast learner; Able to multi-task in dynamic environment
- High level of comfort in interpersonal communications.
- Comfort in working in a collaborative environment
- Self-motivated, accountable and ability to contribute independently
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related field (or equivalent years of professional experience).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.