We are looking for a DevOps Manager with a passion for automation, tool creation and hands-on experience deploying and maintaining software on lab and production infrastructure. We need a person who has experience in both technical as well as people/project management. An ideal candidate will be someone with software development and QA skills who not only values agile development principles but also embraces continuous integration and release management; has a strong interest in DevOps and a passion for continuously delivering reliable software. This person will work on enhancing development, test and staging environments used by engineers developing solutions and automate some of the development/test/deployment processes to improve the overall efficiency and reliability of our SDLC.
As a DevOps Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for:
* Build and manage a high performing team by putting people in a position to succeed and lead them to think differently and innovate. In this role you will help them to bring out the best ideas by empowering them and leading by example to drive architecture, technical decisions, and tools/automation development.
* Work on all Release Engineering/Management aspects of our Network/Product/Software Releases.
* Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies.
* Work closely with Development & Operations teams to promote infrastructure-as-code practices and provide automated build and deployment routines for Development, Staging, and Production environments
* Work to continuously improve speed, efficiency and scalability of our systems and environments
* Work across functional (development, testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure) and project teams to ensure continuous operation of all environments
* Manage/Maintain tools to automate operational processes.
* Work directly with agile Application Development teams to provide daily support aligned with a model of Continuous Delivery.
* Own, configure, and maintain current and future automation tools for continuous integration and delivery.
* Ensure continuous availability of various tools supporting SCM & Release Management including Source Control, Continuous Integration, & Change Management.
* Develop and execute automated solutions and tools to monitor and support our software development and release processes.
* Build/Maintain relevant log gathering, system monitoring and reporting infrastructures.
* Collaborate with other leaders, architects and product owners that are geographically distributed to manage dependencies and deliver world-class software solutions on time and within budget.
About the Team:
The Enterprise business space is thriving, and Akamai is growing with it! We're looking for top-notch technical staff to create core technology to deliver a secure, accelerated experience to enterprise customers. Our development environment is fast paced and ambitious. Our highly skilled engineering team is responsible for building software that powers a scalable, highly distributed fault tolerant network of servers comprising elements of Akamai’s deployed infrastructure of over 200,000 servers worldwide. The software interfaces with various elements of Akamai’s world-class infrastructure such as mapping, technical support systems, and the Akamai Network Operations Command Center. The team builds and extends Akamai’s wide area distributed content delivery and application acceleration systems to improve performance, security, reliability and availability of high value websites.
Required Education and Experience:
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
*8years of relevant experience and a Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field OR
* 6 years of relevant experience and a Masters’ degree in Computer Science or related field
*8+ years of relevant experience
* 5+ years’ experience working in a Linux/Unix environment.
* 2+ years Management experience in DevOps, Release Engineering or Software Engineering
* 2+ years’ experience work experience in a DevOps capacity or related field.
* 2+ years’ experience using source control systems such as Git and Perforce.
* 2+ years’ experience with scriptinglanguage like Bash, Perl and/or Python.
* 2+ years’ experience with SQL or equivalent language.
* 2+ years’ experience using/working with continuous integration systems like Jenkins.
* Leadership and project managementexperience with strong understanding of tools and automation frameworks.
* Demonstrated experience working in agile environments
*Experience in systems automation, virtualization, orchestration, continuous integration, deployment, and implementation.
*Experience installing and configuring on infrastructure, scripting for process automation, setting up and managing cloud and container orchestration and experience managing support systems. Skills in tools like Nexus, Jenkins, ant, Maven, etc is a plus.
*Experience in scaling distributed data systems, deploying and managing software in production environment and container-based service deployment using Docker and Ansible and ability to use various open source technologies. Skills in infrastructure automation tools, for example, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt is a plus.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
*Experience with the Atlassian Tools such as JIRA/Confluence.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technologies.
* Must be action oriented, capable of multitasking well based on priorities.
* Strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
*Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
* Knowledge of Internet technologies (DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP streaming, web servers, etc.) a strong plus.
*Experience with UI automation frameworks such as Selenium is a plus