Springbot is seeking a DevOps Lead to join one of the fastest growing and most innovative startups in Atlanta.
- Own platform availability and performance.
- Implement monitoring and alerting solutions to ensure proper incident management and capacity planning.
- Lead operations governance processes in such a way that the controls accelerate the pace of innovation, rather than stifle it.
- Optimize the platform hosting strategy, including relationships with AWS, Heroku and others.
- Work closely with the software development team and other functional groups to engineer a robust, flexible, and scalable application delivery platform.
- Lead the technical support organization, which provides Tier-2 support to customer-facing roles.
- Serve as a member of the technology leadership team and provide leadership on architecture, development, operations and support.
- 10+ years of experience as Software Developer or Systems Engineer
- 5+ years leading an operations-facing team
- Experience building, delivering, operating and troubleshooting complex distributed systems
- Experience deploying a wide variety of open source technologies on a cloud infrastructure platform such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Experience with Git for source code control
- Experience with monitoring tools such as New Relic or DataDog
- Must have a passion to deliver high quality solutions and a meticulous attention to detail
- Must enjoy having fun at work every day
- Must be enthusiastic about learning new technologies
- Must be passionate, self-directed and a champion for technology within the company
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent
- Experience administering MongoDB or other non-SQL data stores
- Experience administering Postgres or other SQL-based databases
- Experience migrating from one cloud provider to another, or to/from traditional data centers
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience implementing log aggregation platforms
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence)