We are an executive search firm who has been hired to identify a Devops Lead.
Job description as a Devops Lead:
Position Purpose: Lead cross-functional teams through system processes.
• Lead cross-functional teams through system processes.
• Provide technical and strategic support for the server systems and applications residing on these servers.
• Support end users and monitor system usage/performance.
• Responsible for backup and recovery of the operating system and third-party applications, file-system management, patching, process automation writing programs, server installation/configuration and ignite configuration.
• Perform duties for third-party application design, integration, support, installations, and configurations.
• Interface with business users and stakeholders to determine needs.
• Act as a resource for resolving complex problems.
• Act as the go-to person to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
• Responsible for evaluation, design, and integration of all enhancements or new releases of the system.
• Identify and implement process/procedural improvements.
• Accelerate digital transformation to enhance business opportunities through consultative engagements with internal infrastructure, operations, app and dev teams.
• Facilitate distributed system reliability and scalability – and serve as a change agent for - DevOps and SRE methodologies.
• Automate repeatable tasks to improve responsiveness, ensure stability and enhance the security of Centene's IT systems.
• Leverage value-focused systems thinking, continuous feedback and continual experimentation to develop shared values and catalyze innovation.
• Incubate, implement and drive adoption of transformative technology catalysts - such as versioned programmatic infrastructure, configuration management, CI/CD and continuous feedback/monitoring systems – through consultative internal engagements.
Qualifications for the Devops Lead:
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 5+ years of related experience. Experience with disaster recovery planning/testing. Thorough understanding of clustering concepts, backup solutions, system security standards, and overall services integration of enterprise infrastructure. Proven ability implementing new technology solutions and leading team projects. Ability to solve complex problems in the area of expertise and mentor team members so that they can expand their skill sets. Proven people skills and ability to represent the team in cross-functional IT meetings.
If you meet all the qualifications as a Devops Lead, we want to hear from you!