$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The DevOps/SRE Team Lead will have the passion and drive to achieve, delivering world-class operational performance. Sites, applications, systems and servers that hiccup drive you crazy. You take personal pride in multiple nines and high customer satisfaction. You are passionate, curious and excited by new technology and developments within the technology industry. You will apply this passion with strong problem solving skills and the ability to approach problems logically and analytically. If you ever read Visible Ops, and or the Dev Ops Manifesto and got goose bumps – this is the position for you. While on-call emergencies will arise – you will be given the responsibility and support to design & implement systems that are resilient, well monitored, and highly available.
· Contribute to the Design and architecture process, transforming plans into tasks that assist in developing systems and applications that are tightly coupled and highly performant.
· Act as a subject matter expert, referee, and trusted advisor to your team, and the larger organization on matters of IT Operations, Service Support, CI/CD, Security management, and all things cloud.
· Maintain & advance a culture of trust, integrity, accountability, service, and sense of urgency.
· Work with remote teams with the same respect and efficiency as your team mates sitting next to you. Understand how to develop empathy, respect and trust from a far.
· Establish and maintain a culture that puts the product development team as the primary customer for all Ops group services.
· Investigate, develop, monitor and administer programmatically scalable infrastructure components using AWS.
· Ensure backups and disaster recovery plans are current and in compliance with IT directives.
· Participate in capacity planning and system monitoring improvements.
· Anticipate and remove system capacity and availability "roadblocks" for department.
· Develop a working knowledge of Digital Marketing principles and techniques.
· Contribute and maintain procedures for proactive 24/7 incident reporting, escalation, and resolution for all key systems.
· 5 Years of continuous AWS Experience
· 3-5 Years of Enterprise System Design, Cloud / Outsourced Hosting a strong plus
· 5-10 Years of Linux system administration experience
· 5+ Years of background working with storage and networking systems.
· 5+ Years experience scripting in Bash, Perl, Python/Ruby, and/or Java
· 3+ Years of experience with VMware, KVM, Xen, and/or Hyper-V
· 2+ Years working with Public Cloud Technologies (AWS strongly preferred)
· 1+ Years working with or around code repository systems (Git, SVN, Bitbucket)
· 1+ Years working with Container technologies: Docker, EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes, etc
· Experience / familiarity with Jenkins, Maven, or other CI/CM Tools a strong plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Valid Through: 2019-9-16