Title: DevOps / Kubernetes Engineer
Location: 100% Remote – but the candidate must be in one of the following states: TX, GA, TN, SC, OH, NJ, CT, AZ, FL.
Salary + Benefits
About the job
- Responsible for daily operations of all AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) infrastructure.
- Work closely with Senior Kubernetes Engineer and Cloud Engineers to ensure the infrastructure is optimized and functioning properly.
- Participate in the research and development to enable continuing innovation within the cloud infrastructure.
- Participate in the design, road map, and support of AWS EKS and supporting technologies.
- Evaluate new tools and use existing tools to help streamline Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Understand reading and creating Terraform code and use this understanding to build environments.
- Understand Ansible playbook in order to be able to create playbooks.
- Work with CI/CD tools like Jenkins to implement the End-to-End Automation.
- Use GitHub to handle versioning of Terraform code.
- Implement some AWS Cloud platform infrastructure and features which include EC2, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, IAM, S3, R53.
- Serve as first-tier and second-tier support for EKS.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience highly desired.
- Intermediate level Kubernetes and EKS Administration experience.
- Experience with K8s Provisioning, K8s APIs, networking, service discovery, routing, monitoring, and logging.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the following areas/technologies:
- o Dev/Ops
- o AWS Cloud infrastructure
- o Network (Good understanding of concepts and technologies)
- o IAM and cloud security.
- Knowledge of stateless and stateful workloads.
- Experience with AWS and Linux.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and understand identity and authentication (Jenkins, Travis, etc).
- Works with minimum supervision proactively follows up on outstanding issues/tickets.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.