Dexcom, Inc. empowers people to take control of diabetes through innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Dexcom has emerged as a leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves diabetes management around the world.
The Infrastructure Engineer works closely with product, engineering, operations, security and support teams. Individuals in this role use their system and networking knowledge to help design reliable, scalable, and cost-effective systems that meet business needs. The Infrastructure Engineer must ensure that on-premise and hosted systems remain healthy. Seek solutions that reduce time, and complexity of system maintenance while increasing security, reliability, and capability. The Infrastructure Engineer will communicate professionally and positively with all stakeholders (internal and external).
Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management. Test implemented designs. Build and test automation tools for cloud infrastructure provisioning. Handle code deployments in all environments and promoting code. Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve. Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards. Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects. Manage Continuous Integration and Continuous Development tools with team. Research industry standards and best practices with a focus on security, stability, testability, scalability, simplicity, and maintainability and propose opportunities for improvement when applicable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with product owners, R&D leads, vendors and customers to ensure DevOps solutions address business and user needs
- Implements and supports technology stack for engineering teams to leverage continuous integration and delivery approach for product delivery
- Monitors and tunes systems to ensure cost effectiveness, and optimum levels of performance, availability, stability, security and recoverability
- Performs and automates system and application related maintenance tasks
- Creates and maintains accurate documentation of systems, solutions, guidelines and processes
- Provides information to senior members on utilization of assets, services and processes
- Operates as a resource to less experienced DevOps engineers, providing an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing. Shares technical knowledge in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Participates in an on-call rotation to minimize business impact from performance issues, and system outages that are escalated internally to the DevOps team
- Troubleshoot and assist with deployment-related issues and incident redeployment-related items.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and 8 -12 years of related experience or a master's degree and 5 - 7 years of industry experience or a PhD and 2 -4 years of experience
- Python, C++ (or similar scripting language) experience
- Some relational database administration and SQL knowledge
- Experience with configuration and automation tools like Ansible, Puppet and Chef preferred
- Knowledge of software development tools, operating systems, virtual and physical infrastructure, network topologies, and security models
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong network skills from the physical to application layers
- Strong knowledge and understanding virtualized environments
- Proficiency with GCP and Infrastructure as code (IaC) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Experience building and installing servers in GCP
- Proficiency in Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Docker, managing microservice pools, service discovery
- Understanding of Information Technology operations, infrastructure, and application management processes
- Deep expertise in modern infrastructure hosting environments, with emphasis on GCP
- Experience with issue tracking systems. JIRA preferred.
- Experience with DevOps concepts
- Experience with cloud hosted environments such as AWS and GCP
- Experience with modern source control systems, Git preferred.
- Possess a DevOps mindset when approaching tasks with automation, reliability, and repeatability in mind.
- Familiarity with latest Build/Release technologies and systems.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of technical principles and theories. Recommends solutions in support of functional objectives tied to overall company objectives and strategies.
- Demonstrates significant technical expertise, collaboration with others and independent thought. Anticipates potential complex problems requiring an in-depth evaluation. Demonstrates strategic thinking and commercial/industry understanding in functional projects.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other colleagues.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.