About the role
Zillow’s Irvine office is looking for a well-rounded DevOps engineer who can help our teams deliver some of our company's most critical products faster and easier than ever. This is an opportunity to gain experience ranging from networks, to databases, to micro-services, by helping to grow out our AWS based infrastructure. You will be working with product teams across all different kinds of business sectors and will be collaborating with developers to lay the groundwork for some of our most high-profile projects. This includes the chance to:
- Be in an influential position on a quickly-moving team at a rapidly-growing company
- Take our cloud infrastructure to the next level by developing monitoring solutions that work with our AWS/Hashicorp stack to alert on service performance, container health and resource availability
- Grow our CI/CD process by improving our Terraform modules, auto-deploying database schemas and setting up a new gitlab instance
- Continuously scale our micro-services infrastructure to handle some of the highest demand applications in the company
About the team
Our team works on some of the most exciting and secretive initiatives for Zillow Group. We work on everything from machine learning systems, to product recommendation applications, to systems that help connect consumers directly with agents. These products have a strong impact on Zillow Group’s revenue and high-visibility within the company.
Who you are
- You have 2+ years experience in a DevOps role in a cloud based environment (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- You have deep networking and security knowledge
- Familiarity with deployment tools (Jenkins/Gitlab/Travis)
- Experience and deep understanding of Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure as a code (Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience working with micro-services and solving problems that come with them (load balancing, service discovery, configuration)
- BS in Computer Science or similar discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Admirable Programming experience is preferred (Java, C#, Go, etc.)
- Expertise with AWS is a plus
Think you have what it takes? We'd love to hear from you!