The DevOps Engineer works for the DevOps Engineering team to help design, implement and support development processes and tools that aid in the Software Development Lifecycle, achieving a stable and efficient delivery of software products to customers. The DevOps Engineer also supports development infrastructure, cloud services, fileservers, and workstations utilized in the Software Development Lifecycle process.
To be successful in this position, the employee will need to demonstrate business focus, strong work ethic, high productivity, focus on quality/craftsmanship, personal initiative, accountability, intellectual curiosity, teamwork, strong analytical skills, strong communication skills, emotional intelligence, and an open mind.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The DevOps Engineer may perform some or all of the following, as well as other duties, as assigned.
- Perform on-call duties and level 1 support for internal customers of the DevOps Engineering team.
- Manage Microsoft Azure DevOps for several teams of software engineers; build and deliver software to the development, quality assurance and production environments.
- Manage system resources and act as interface between the development teams, the Infrastructure Portfolio Management team and IT department; develop DevOps services and infrastructure using Agile Methodologies.
- Install, Configure and maintain Secure-SDLC tools such as Synopsys Coverity, Synopsys Black Duck, Sonatype SonarQube.
- Assist in design, development, and deployment of technical solutions to meet business requirements that are cost effective and sustainable.
- Perform scripting tasks utilizing languages such as PowerShell or Python.
- Administrate operating systems: Windows 10 / Windows 2012 Server / Windows 2016 Server / Windows 2019 Server / RHEL 7.x Linux / CentOS 7.x Linux.
- Configure server/workstation environments to be used for software development and quality assurance purposes.
- Create/implement/enforce standard processes and procedures.
- Evaluate current technology and recommend tools for implementation.
- Provide input into annual budget planning for technology migrations and project cost estimation.
- Optimize and automate DevOps Engineering processes to increase department efficiency in support of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Assist in the development, training, and maintenance of DevOps Engineering processes and work instructions pertaining to version control, change management, document management, software builds, revision management, versioning, and release process.
- Develop and maintains automated build, deployment and infrastructure as code scripts.
- Communicates in a professional manner when interacting with less-experienced staff, peers, senior staff, and internal or external customers.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or related subject or equivalent experience preferred.
- 1 to 2 years software Development, Software Configuration, System Administration or DevOps experience.
- Experience administering network operating systems: Windows 10 / Windows 2012 Server / Windows 2016 Server / Windows 2019 Server / RHEL 7.x Linux / CentOS 7.x Linux.
- Knowledge and understanding of an Agile SDLC (such as Scrum, Lean, Kanban, Scrumban).
- Preferred 1-year experience in the DevOps field.
- Understanding of Software Build and Release processes and tools.
- Programming/scripting experience in at least 1 of the following: PowerShell, Python.
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Azure DevOps.
- Knowledge and Understanding of relational databases.
- Experience with VMWare ESX or Hyper-V a plus.
- Experience with Octopus Deploy a plus.
- Experience with Static Analysis tools such as Coverity, Veracode, Checkmarx, Sonarqube a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of TFVC/Git source control a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of core Microsoft Azure Components a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of infrastructure as code and desired state management a plus
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Solid understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes and technologies.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills (listening, tact, diplomacy, good judgment).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize, plan, research, estimate, analyze and prioritize individual work assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team-based environment.
- Ability to perform in a process-oriented environment – recommends process improvements.
- Team-oriented, cooperative, and flexible.
- Presents a positive and effective "professional" image to internal and external customers.
- Supports project, department, and corporate goals and objectives.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- A passion about your work with a strong desire to learn, grow and make a difference
- Learns and adheres to Product Development Team’s Code of Conduct.
- Banking Industry/Financial Services knowledge is a plus.
- Regular attendance.