Title: DevOps Developer
Location: Wilmington, DE
Duration: 12 Months
Interview: 1st Round Phone + 2nd Round On-Site
- Looking for candidates with Prior Java or .Net Development background, not Linux Admin/Engineer background
- Responsible for the day to day operation of systems and infrastructure powering our development and the operations teams: ensuring system reliability, efficiency, capacity and continuity Work withdevelopers and release management to design and implement Jenkins and GoCD delivery pipelines Evolve components of the delivery pipeline, software deployment approaches and code management strategies Write automation code and tests, review code developed by others and provide constructive feedback; collaborate (swarm, pair) on complex requirements Identify, evaluate and evangelize new technology and approaches Work with the team on complex, multi-faceted problems while bridging cultural, geographic and organizational gaps.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent and relevant work experience.
- Self-motivated and naturally curious, analytical and problem solving mindset Excellent oral and written communication + awesome presentation and demo delivery skills, being able to explain complex or advanced concepts to a wide variety of audiences.
- Experienceworking with geographically distributed teams Solid understanding of software versioning concepts using Subversion and Git Experience with CI and build tools such as Jenkins, Maven, and Ant Experience with Tomcat and Apache deployments and configuration Solid understanding of networking, firewall and load balancing concepts and their configuration PreferredQualifications Expert knowledge of Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS) and Windows administration tools and tricks, good grip on networking and security concepts.
- Professional Software Development experience with Java, .NET, Ruby, etc..
- Practical knowledge of scripting and programming languages such as Python, Node.js, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, Golang.
- Professional experienceworking with server virtualization (VMWare, Xen, etc.), IaaS and/or PaaS technology such as AWS, Azure, GCE, Rackspace, Digital Ocean, Heroku, OpenStack.
- Professional experience or formal training on Configuration Management and infrastructure provisioning tools, such as Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Packer, CloudFormation, Terraform.
- Passion for and ability to work with software development teams releasing production-ready software on daily basis.
- Professional experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Travis-CI, GoCD, Chef Delivery.
- Practical experience administering application servers, web servers, and databases: Jetty, Tomcat, Websphere, Nginx, Mongrel, Microsoft IIS, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB.