5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
What we need is your expertise to keep all of these parts working together.You will solve challenging technical problems, identify areas of efficiencies and lead improvements, and work on solving real-world technical and process challenges. The DevOps team has the capability of working with andexperiencingmany sides of the business, a truly unique position allowing you to grow your skills in various areas.
- Cloud adoption and migration
- Support and maintain infrastructure regarding hosted solutions.
- Incident management and resolution.
- Security and technology support.
- Client service delivery support as required and applicable to domain knowledge expertise areas.
- Application performance management.
To achieve this, you will need to:
- Respond to and resolve production issues.
- Develop Azure cloud-based and internal tools and processes to maintain stability and performance of our infrastructure.
- Build, maintain, and troubleshoot several internal applications.
- Act as subject-matter expert regarding DevOps related areas, tools and processes both in Azure cloud as well as on premise environments.
- Gather, analyze, and report important IT system data.
- Provide feedback to technical community regarding the status of various IT systems.
- Develop and manage product-related IT procedures.
- Develop and document infrastructure standards.
- Provide product-related IT training.
- Plan and successfully complete IT projects and goals.
- Automate repetitive tasks.
- Help define and establish common and advanced system administration functions.
- Present clearly to personnel on varying levels of topics related to job duties.
- Versed in researching technologies and trends regarding strategies to support future work and projects.
- Works on multiple, complex issues/projects as a technical leader and the subject matter expert.
- Continuously evaluating DevOps Engineer related areas and processes regarding efficiencies and risk.
- Minimum 5-7+ years of high-tech industry and/or IT work experience in product engineering, development and/or support functions.
- Minimum 3 years as a DevOps engineer in Azure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong command in Microsoft VS 2015-2017, deployment automation & orchestration and continuous integration and other DevOps tools (e.g., VSTS, TFS, VSOL)
- Experience in application and data migration to the Azure Cloud with practical experience with migration tools
- Experience with database release management tools both on premise and in Azure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to produce usable and maintainable documentation.
- Proficient with standard IT concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Intermediate programming background.
- IT scripting knowledge.
- Ability to execute research projects and generate practical results and recommendations.
- Design and implement architecture to support scalable and highly available systems with automation and disaster recovery
- Implement and manage system diagnostics and alert
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and zero-defect mentality.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or assistance.
- Strong problem solving skills: innovation, collaboration, analysis, inductive reasoning.
- Good understanding of business processes and IT systems.
- Solid experience with Microsoft/Windows environments (e.g. Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft technologies).
- Solid experience regarding the Microsoft development/technology stack (e.g. .NET, Team Foundation Server).
- Experience\knowledge working in an agile environment a plus.
- Experience\knowledge IT networking related field a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, time management, project management, and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency in presentation of technical and business subjects to technical and non-technical audiences.