Job ID 562816BR
ILMxLAB, Lucasfilm’s Immersive Entertainment division, is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team in San Francisco.
As a DevOps Engineer you will help develop, integrate and maintain core systems that customize the Unreal Engine and deploy it for use on several Lucasfilmprojects. Your diverse job duties would include the following:
- As part of the ILMxLAB DevOps team, implement a self-service continuous build, release and deployment infrastructure for one of the most well-known brands in the world.
- Administer our Jenkins server and troubleshoot build failures with engineering teams.
- Create new infrastructure for ILMxLAB projects using Terraform and Ansible to launch services on AWS.
- Automate the integration process of new Unreal versions into internal forks customized by Lucasfilm engineers.
- Generalize our pipeline for use across a wide range of platforms.
- Work with the global delivery teams across Lucasfilm and The Walt Disney Company
- Special projects as needed.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the games or VFX industries.
- 2+ years of experience administering Jenkins or an equivalent CI system.
- Passion for DevOps including but not limited to build, release, deployment, and system automation.
- Passion for immersive media such as virtual, augmented and mixed reality.
- Passion for the Star Wars Universe.
- Flexibility to handle a variety of tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, able to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and then implement new techniques.
- Experience with Git or Perforce.
- Experience with Ansible or an equivalent configuration management tool.
- Experience with Windows automation (Batch, Powershell, etc).
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
- Experience with AWS or an equivalent cloud service provider.
- Experience with Terraform.
- Experience with C++ and the Unreal Engine codebase.
- Experience programming for VR along with 3D math skills (linear algebra, vector math).
- Experience building for mobile, consoles, Linux, or high-end PC.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.