Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Be a subject matter expert on the DevOps, CI/CD function.
- Identifying the tool set for designing and implementing a robust, scalable CI/CD pipeline.
- Design, implement and support CI/CD tools integration/ operations/ change management, and maintenance.
- Support developers from source control, through build automation, merge resolution, CI, test automation, deployment based on tools usage and policies, standards.
- Provide the monitoring ability and tools for development teams to resolve conflicts resulting from merge and/or build failures.
- Troubleshoot issues during the build process in the various environments (Production, Staging, Dev/test).
- Support automation of CI Testing and troubleshoot issues along the CI/CD pipeline.
- Develop policies, standards, guidelines, governance and related guidance for both CI/CD operations and for work of developers.
- Setup and administer development, test, and Production environments.
- Delivering Production cloud operations support and monitoring in our AWS and other hosted environments.
- Proactively monitor and enhance the current existing AWS architecture.
- Monitor and manage alert services for the health of the entire cloud architecture, including, but not limited to, CI/CD pipelines, database, application tier, external interfaces.
- Develop architectural and operational knowledge of hosted services and build troubleshooting guides and run books for supporting the services.
- Provide NoSQL database administration - MongoDB, Redis Sentinel.
- Staying up-to-date with current web application and development technologies and services.
- Production Support and system maintenance as needed.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
Experience and Skills:
- At least five (5) years’ Development Operations (DevOps) and/or Engineering experience with a Cloud-based environment, particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in creation of CD automation built on Docker and Kubernetes.
- Minimum 3+ years of designing and deploying applications to AWS.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience architecting enterprise scale web.
- Hands on Linux system administration.
- Hands-on experience in building AWS based, scalable, and highly available distributed infrastructure for high traffic web/mobile application and big data analytics platform.
- Hands-on experience implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CICD) projects for a wide range of technologies and programing languages such as: Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, NodeJS, etc..
- Hands-on experience implementing configuration management solutions such as: Chef, Puppet, Salt, and Ansible.
- Hands-on experience with container technologies like: Docker, Kubernetes.
- Hands on and proven knowledge of Linux, network protocols, databases, security, scripting and/or programming experience for automation, cloud, monitoring technologies.
- Hands-on experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting server OS issues (CPU, Memory and I/O).
- Hands-on experience in creation of CI automation across multiple platforms including JAVA, NodeJS and PHP.
- Hands-on experience in creation of dynamic monitoring and alerting solutions using industry leading services.
- Hands-on experience with implementing solutions comprised of one or more of the following from each:
- Puppet, Chef, Anisble, SaltStack
- Jenkins, QuickBuild, Bamboo (Continuous Delivery process and tools)
- Java, Python, Ruby, ReactJs, Node.js, (Software Development)
- Git, Bitbucket
- Zabbix, Nagios, Sensu, Graphite, Zenoss, Prometheus, etc. (monitoring tools and platforms)
- JUnit, JMeter, Selenium and Cucumber (testing tools)
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture (SOAP, REST APIs, micro-services, etc) and API implementation
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, a high degree of professionalism and the ability to design technology solutions for commercial and large enterprise companies
- Experience working with Agile Methodology is required
- Database experience including MySQL, MongoDB, and SQL Server.
- Experience with web application servers such as Nginx, Apache, and IIS.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask; can set priorities and follow a timeline.
- Ability to work in the United States for any employer.
- Ability to work full-time in Norton’s New York Office, a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Must be available for after-hours assistance as needed.