Summary The ideal candidate for the DevOps Engineer position will have experience in software deployment, systems administration, deployment automation, quality assurance, and monitoring and maintaining large scale, mission critical services with various underlying dependencies. The position will engage closely with architects, engineering teams, QA, and operations teams to deliver highly available and scalable services. The ideal candidate should be capable of technical deep-dives into operating systems, application performance, databases, load balancers, networks, and storage systems.
Job Responsibilities for DevOps Engineer
- Work with the DevOps team to manage the reliability and performance of Verge infrastructure and applications.
- Communicate and coordinate to effectively resolve day-to-day issues and relay updates.
- Automate, automate, automate! Following infrastructure as code principles, the DevOps Engineer will be working with other engineers to develop, commit, and review code to automate all deployments and infrastructure.
- Perform scheduled software releases.
- Deploy and manage client integration (VPN tunnels, Single Sign-On, SFTP).
- Resolve complex problems, often collaborating with other technical experts to do so.
- Identify opportunities to improve system scalability and stability, and implement enhancements.
- Participate in the design and development of new and evolving services, architecture, and performance improvements.
- Develop strong relationships and collaborate with key internal engineering and product stakeholders to fully understand project roadmaps, and to act as a subject matter expert on advanced infrastructure and platform capabilities, features, and offerings.
- Plan, organize, and document complex system design activities, and configure systems consistent with institutional policies/procedures.
- Strong experience building and maintaining production systems on AWS using EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, Cloud Formation, etc. and familiarity interacting with the AWS APIs. Should be equally comfortable in a traditional datacenter setting.
- Experience managing and supporting highly available enterprise SaaS applications in a Production environment with on-call support.
- Comfortable with Linux (CentOS/RHEL and/or Debian) and Windows Server (2012/2016).
- Proficient in high level script languages (Powershell, Python and/or Ruby) as well as script environments like bash.
- Chef (Ansible, SaltStack, etc) experience in a production environment is required.
- Experience with monitoring, metrics, and visualization tools for network, server, and application status (Kibana, Grafana, Nagios, New Relic).
- Experience with RDBMS (Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL and/or MySQL). Bonus points for NoSQL (DynamoDB, Mongo).
- Familiarity with container technology and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex ideas and concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust, and credibility with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to work well within a team, as well as independently with little supervision on multiple projects.
- CS, CIS, Computer Engineeringdegree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with continuous integration, testing, and deployment (Bamboo, Jenkins, Bitbucket, git, Selenium).
- Experience with hardware and software firewalls, IPS, WAF, and additional security layers (LDAP, SSO, 2Factor).
- Federation services (SAML, SSO, LDAP, IDP, ADFS).
- Experience working within a restricted environment.
- Healthcaretechnologyexperience: HL7, Mirth, HIPAA
- Programming experience