Founded in 2001, Verge Health is the risk management platform of choice for more than 900 health systems and hospitals nationwide. As an organization, we are dedicated to our clients as evidenced by a 95% retention rate and great feedback from clients who have literally helped create the product road-map and vision for leveraging technology to create meaningful improvements in regard to protecting patients and protecting margins.
As a Charleston SC based software company, we love our city as well as our employees. They choose to work with Verge Health and take part in the team environment that we’ve developed that helps us drive continuous improvement. That attitude is based on an interest in delivering the best technology possible and to stay one step head of the game in terms of features and functionality. We take our jobs and our mission very seriously, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. It’s the best of both worlds in one of the most beautiful cities in the country.
Interested in joining our team? We have a DevOps Engineer position available. Apply with a resume and cover letter and you will hear from our HR Department regarding the process. Summary The ideal candidate for the DevOps Engineer position will have experience in software deployment, systems administration, deployment automation, quality assurance, and monitoring and maintaining large scale, mission critical services with various underlying dependencies. The position will engage closely with architects, engineering teams, QA, and operations teams to deliver highly available and scalable services. The ideal candidate should be capable of technical deep-dives into operating systems, application performance, databases, load balancers, networks, and storage systems.
Job Responsibilities for DevOps Engineer
- Work with the DevOps team to manage the reliability and performance of Verge infrastructure and applications.
- Communicate and coordinate to effectively resolve day-to-day issues and relay updates.
- Automate, automate, automate! Following infrastructure as code principles, the DevOps Engineer will be working with other engineers to develop, commit, and review code to automate all deployments and infrastructure.
- Perform scheduled software releases.
- Deploy and manage client integration (VPN tunnels, Single Sign-On, SFTP).
- Resolve complex problems, often collaborating with other technical experts to do so.
- Identify opportunities to improve system scalability and stability, and implement enhancements.
- Participate in the design and development of new and evolving services, architecture, and performance improvements.
- Develop strong relationships and collaborate with key internal engineering and product stakeholders to fully understand project roadmaps, and to act as a subject matter expert on advanced infrastructure and platform capabilities, features, and offerings.
- Plan, organize, and document complex system design activities, and configure systems consistent with institutional policies/procedures.
- Strong experience building and maintaining production systems on AWS using EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, Cloud Formation, etc. and familiarity interacting with the AWS APIs. Should be equally comfortable in a traditional datacenter setting.
- Experience managing and supporting highly available enterprise SaaS applications in a Production environment with on-call support.
- Comfortable with Linux (CentOS/RHEL and/or Debian) and Windows Server (2012/2016).
- Proficient in high level script languages (Powershell, Python and/or Ruby) as well as script environments like bash.
- Chef (Ansible, SaltStack, etc) experience in a production environment is required.
- Experience with monitoring, metrics, and visualization tools for network, server, and application status (Kibana, Grafana, Nagios, New Relic).
- Experience with RDBMS (Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL and/or MySQL). Bonus points for NoSQL (DynamoDB, Mongo).
- Familiarity with container technology and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex ideas and concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust, and credibility with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to work well within a team, as well as independently with little supervision on multiple projects.
- CS, CIS, Computer Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with continuous integration, testing, and deployment (Bamboo, Jenkins, Bitbucket, git, Selenium).
- Experience with hardware and software firewalls, IPS, WAF, and additional security layers (LDAP, SSO, 2Factor).
- Federation services (SAML, SSO, LDAP, IDP, ADFS).
- Experience working within a restricted environment.
- Healthcare technology experience: HL7, Mirth, HIPAA
- Programming experience