Job ID: 15427BR
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under general supervision, demonstrates a thorough understanding of the activities performed related toengineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Plans at an operational level designing and developing technology solutions interfacing with appropriate customers, management and technical resources. Facilitates and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of large complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology areas. Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities. This job is a team lead.
Travelers Corporate and Shared Systems Architecture has an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Architect to join our talented team. We are looking for a passionate technology professional that enjoys learning and helping others grow. You will be joining a growing team that is creating forward thinking software solutions to enable high quality and sustainable business delivery.
You pride yourself as a quick learner, comfortable with ambiguity, have a passion for learning and applying new technologies, enjoy working in a fast paced agile environment, and love to automate things. You also should enjoy driving adoption on new technologies and design patterns. You will establish best practices and set standards.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Evaluates systems specifications regarding customer requirements, transforming specifications into cost-effective, technically correct solutions. Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities. Responsible for establishing and managing to established quality control and security protocols. Provides the division, department and business area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s). Leverages technology to develop, redesign and/or implement optimal technology solutions. Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community. Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results. Multi-tasks, prioritizes according to business priorities and production availability requirements. Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of experience in Technology required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor’s degree in Technology or a related field preferred. 5 years of experience in Technology preferred. Experience providing technical direction to project teams preferred. Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following technical skills: Foundational IT Infrastructure Operating Systems Software Knowledge of process discipline and IDLC methodology
Weekend work hours (Frequency) DOJ Overnight work hours (Frequency) DOJ Holiday work hours (Federal and religious) (Frequency) DOJ
- 3 or more years of programming/development
- At least 2 years of experience as a DevOps technical lead
- Expert knowledge in Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy, Git/GitHub and Nexus
- Ideal candidate with have experience with DevOps transformations, including CI/CD/CD capabilities, tools, and processes
- Ideal candidate with have experience with Extreme Programming practices such as Test Driven Development (Test-First) and pair programming
- Ideal candidate will be familiar with Lean-Agile practices
- Technical Skills:
- Java, Angular, NodeJS, and/or .NET (C#) hands on experience, automated testing (i.e. JUnit, NUnit, Jasmine), test automation tools such as Selenium or UFT, automated DevOps pipeline using Jenkins/UCD
- Other CI/CD-related technologies preferred but not required: Agile Central (Rally), Crucible/Fisheye, Maven, Nuget, Hygieia, SonarQube, AppScan, SoapUI, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) or AWS, Puppet or Chef or Ansible, Zabbix, UCR
- Soft Skills:
- Highly effective communication skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Planning and organizational skills
- Team player
- Works well in matrix environment
Operates standard office equipment (Frequency) Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequency)
Licensing or Certificates
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.